GH: February 2014 Discussion

• Replies 908
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

GH is in a worse state than I've ever seen any other soap that I watched (past or present) in. Even AMC back during the Pratt years wasn't this bad.

I don't even see how GH keeps getting the ratings it's getting. The show has become so embarrassing to watch. And, I bet it's probably painfully embarrassing for the actors to act it.

There's not a shred left of what made GH, GH. You can't even say it was that bad under Guza. The show has become as rattled and as disjointed as RC's version of OLTL. Only, OLTL had always been campy. So, he could get away with that [!@#$%^&*] over there. At least for a while. GH was and always had been a different kind of soap. Yes, there's been some camp over the years. Mainly during Monty's reign as EP. But, it wasn't as badly written as this.

The only thing I liked today was Sam/Silas. Who I've warmed up to and think they are cute together. And, I kind of liked the Julian/Alexis scenes. The rest of the show was bunk.

• Members
Why does your brain not seem to comprehend that we're allowed to have different opinions than you? It's great that you love the show, but on the flip side there is absolutely nothing wrong with others not enjoying it and posting their displeasure.

• Members

I take it you're not loving the Chupacabra subplot either (lol).

Speaking of Chupacabras, every time I read about this, I wonder if RC borrowed any of his D- story from this:

http://www.theatermania.com/new-york-city-theater/news/02-2014/ma-yi-theaters-production-of-lloyd-suhs-the-wong-k_67507.html

• Members

No, it was worse. And once again the always denied but ever present problem emerges: This is not Guza'a GH therefor this is not GH. But Guza's crapfest was never GH, it was some nihilistic BS about mob garbage starring what were (and still are) the worst stories in GH history. I admit that Roger Howarth trumps Guza's coterie of actors to seize the crown as worst actor to ever star on GH, but he had a lot of Guza era competition. And I admit the Guza cast is no longer on day in and day out, and for that I am grateful.

if what made GH GH was mobsters talking about shipments and territory, ditzes talking about what an adonis Jason is because of his blue eyes, and Sonny calling every female whore and bitch, then yes, this is not what made GH GH.

And seriously, Pratt? The only writer to be even worse than Guza?

• Members

This current version of the show fka GH has strayed so far from what GH was and what any soap should be. This is Trassions territory. As a wise pal on Twitter pointed out, all of the staff at the hospital when Francly were brought in were day players. How in the sam hell does that happen on GENERAL HOSPITAL?! Yeah, GH was too CarSaSon heavy, but it still was a soap. This garbage now is not a soap! Nothing but plot points and working the show around pets/newbies. Anything interesting more than likely transpired off screen! How anyone can say this is a good show when there has yet to be a coherent intelligent story since Crappy took over is truly beyond me. This is February Sweeps for Christ's sake and all we have is a kidnapping from hell, a Chupacabra and drunk ass AJ trying to remember something that happened while he was drunk? Huh?

GMAB!

• Members

It's hard for me to root for Sean Kanan's AJ.

They'll never stop trying to make Franco and Carly happen. Ugh! Or Morgan and Ava.

I can't get past Sam and Silas spending the whole time talking about pizza.

Can't get past Maura West's hair. Is it a wig?!

I miss Dr. Obrecht. We really didn't need Heather. I really hope she's gone for good. Obrecht is a far, far better supervillain in every way than Heather but then again so is OLTL's Allison Perkins even in the last years.

The only thing I ever liked about Connie was her ridiculous accent. Why couldn't KS use that accent again?! It would give me some laughs! Even if Connie's a ghost she should have been using that funny accent.

At least Sabrina and Felix weren't on.

• Members

No, he did worse. He' the guy who killed off and wrote out all the characters that made GH GH back when more than four people were watching. The current writer and producer have a GH where Scotty Baldwin is the resident crooked lawyer, not tepid imitation Ric Lansing. Scotty Baldwin is one of the handful of characters you can say iepitomizes GH. This show has Anna Devane as the lead female character. What do you think the odds would have been for Guza to make Anna Devane top cop in town? He had her robbing jewels from Holly. This writer had Cesar Faison as the villain, Guza would have had Sonny's second cousin twice removed.

This looks a whole lot more like the real GH than years of Carly yapping away 20 episodes a month and everyone talking about how strong she is. Carlivati has expanded the canvas to be more than The Corinthos Crew and their hangers on. My memory may be playing tricks on me but Guza had no place for Lucy Coe on his canvas, right? I guess Lucy Coe is not real GH either, along with Scotty Baldwin and Anna Devane as GH interlopers taking the show away from the likes of Liz, Carly and Sam.

Archived