DAYS: January 2014 Discussion Thread

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I know, I was just teasing, plus it gave me a chance to post that Time cover.

I will say that Theresa was moderately watchable in her scene with Caroline.

And Kate kept mentioning Julie's fat texting fingers, makes me wish there was a Julie-Kate rivalry SL.

• Members

I'd love to see Julie and Kate go at it on a consistent basis. And I never tire of seeing that TIME cover. Unless you lived through it, you have no idea how huge Doug & Julie were in their heyday. The show completely mismanaged their story in the early 80s and greatly suffered for it, I think.

• Members

Completely agree with your sentiments about Doug and Julie, Teplin.

I would like to see a Julie and Kate rivalry too. I thought it was funny the other day when Julie told Kate ". . .if there's one nice thing I can say about you. . ."

Although I agree Julie (and SSH) is one of a kind, I do see a physical resemblance between Jen Lilley and SSH (especially late 1960s SSH).

• Members

Ericole!!!!! :Sweating oh so prettily, tied up together, rubbing against those ropes... I am :lol: and :wub: at the same time! And that look they gave each other at one point. Hel-LO.

I loved this particular exchange for some reason:

Eric: I should have known the closer we got to the truth, people would come looking for us. I… I put you in danger and that’s unforgivable.

Nicole: Eric Brady. There’s no way you could have kept me from helping you, even if you tried. I’m serious. Even when my life was nothing but a deep black hole, when everyone in this town wished I’d walked off a cliff, you reached out. You believed in me, you supported me. Helping you is just my way of saying ‘Back at you, padre.’ So if that means going toe-to-toe with Kristen and her slimy doctor friend? Bring it on.

• Members

Tuesday/Wednesday's episode ...

Loved Julie/Kate ... more please! I loved Kate's bitching about Julie's texting on Wednesday. However Kate and Sami were made of win. I love them interacting. So much. They have great lines towards each other.

EJ/Sami ... I really don't have much to say.

Nicole/Eric/Chyka ... creepy as F ... I like they actually made an effort with the set where they are being held. Or is it redressed? I have to LOL (even though it was creepy) at Eric with his shirt half unbuttoned and Nicole in a towel. Really Tomlin? LOL

Blah to Roman/Marlena although I was glad they finally had scenes with Eric, but blink and you miss them. I forgot Marlena and Eric were on half the time. They clearly have no desire to write for Marlena.

I love a bitchy Theresa, especially when she owns JJ and has him scared shitless. I loved her staring him down when he was trying to tell Saint Daniel everything. However, I don't love her Daniel obsession and I think they need to do a bit better at humanizing her. I'm not sure what to think of the possibility of Brady/Theresa (wherever it might go) but him lecturing was ridiculous. They don't know each other. I feel like this is all just clear plot so it's why I'm having a bit of trouble with it.

Tuesday's episode was so skeezy, BTW.

Oh, and LOL at Will turning down Sonny's proposal. But man, Guy is owning Will and I'm so glad Chandler isn't around anymore to phone in his 'acting'. I liked Chandler as Will, a lot of the time, but man, what an improvement, in so many ways.

I can't believe I even care about Jordan and Sheryl. The writers have done a great job. I normally wouldn't even give two craps about them. I'm just ready for Jordan's secret to come out and I love that Sheryl's on Team Kate and that she's liking Lucas. Too bad I see it not ending well, lol. I hope Sheryl sticks around, I like her already and it's a bonus she's involved with Lucas.

LMAO at Anne falling and the nurses laughing. I loved how she tried to force that intern to help her set up Daniel for pushing her. LMAO. She's a trip but PLEASE develop her more. I feel like they're so caught up in her that they don't really take the time with her like they should, IMO. She's fairly well liked and they've kept MLS around for a while now so ... please! The actress is great and Anne makes me crack up, even if it's ridiculous at this point. Of course Saint Jennifer. Ugh. Just had to come to Daniel's rescue. If this show would stop pimping this man 24/7 I ALMOST could like him. And Jennifer falling all over herself for Daniel is embarassing.

And busybody Adrienne, please have a seat. Same for Jennifer. What an overbearing ANNOYING mother. I love guilty Abigail and how there's all these instances where she thinks they know but they don't. Normally I would get tired of the fakeouts but Kate Mansi and James Scott are playing it well and their facial expressions are fantastic. I'm really really happy DAYS noticed what a lot of fans did with EJ/Abby and went there.

• Members

Thank you. I was so annoyed when I heard there would be a proposal. I have no desire to see them continuing to play house like 40 year old marrieds with a baby. They're in their 20s! And I have to LMAO at Sonny acting like Arianna's sole parent.

Archived