Miscellaneous storylines

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Half of the things they did with Patrick Cutter on GL were never mentioned again or dropped. I'm still waiting to know what "deep betrayal" Alexandra used to throw him off-balance while he was cockily questioning her about Roger's disappearance. And the failed marriage he told Frank about while trying to explain why the decision to go to the police academy merited a little more contemplation.

Apparently, GH went as far as casting Valentin Cassadine and then nothing.

• Members

LOL, I knew that as soon as Alan-Michael found out it was Eleni's recipe and not Jenna's, he'd drop it like a hot potato.

The wrangling over the piece of paper (the patent that proved that Spaulding belonged to the Spauldings) was a lot more exciting, especially after Alexandra returned (albeit with a different face).

• Members

I keep expecting Ron Carlivati to pick up the Valentin Cassadine thread. If he doesn't now, he will someday. Anyone would, and should. But given the way the Robin/Faison/etc. arc collapsed under its own weight - with no discernable purpose or endgame for the villains - and the way he ignobly disposed of Helena in a horribly shot, written and cut blink and you miss it scene where Luke popped her one on the deck of the Haunted Star, I am not expecting much.

• Members

But we never saw Valentin - they could cast anyone they wanted now. And he's brought back a lot of characters from all eras. Not saying he did it well, but he's done a wide range.

My pet idea was always that "Valentin" would turn out to be an urban myth of the intelligence community, a fiction constructed to fool the WSB and other criminals and send them chasing after a ghost when something more dangerous is waiting in the wings, i.e. another new and far more ludicrous Cassadine.

• Members

On GL, Dylan & Eleni pairing. From some footage I've seen, they look like they were chem testing to only to end up putting Dylan in Bridget, Julie, & Hart's story.

Mad World on DAYS. Corday acted like the characters would go back to work and have careers, a partial reason for the Salem Town Square set, with Mad World & Countess Wilimena being front and center but that was quickly dropped and Madison was eventually killed off.

Melanie and Gabi's brother being chem test only for the character to be quickly ushered off on DOOL.

Luke & his friend, Kevin. Maybe it was me but I always felt they were chem testing these two but it was nixed.

The return of Dani Andropolous. I just remember her sucking face with Craig, considering to snitch on Allison to Aaron. And if I'm not mistaken, she flirted with Chris at one point, which disturbed me like her being with Craig because Betsy was Kim's daughter. She then practically disappeared.

Alan Michael & Gilly being chem test on GL. As well as Felicia and Marshall Kramer being chem test on AW around the same time. Both fizzled quickly b/c "Bible Belt" fans disapproved. Not soon after, Marshall was written out. I think Gilly too.

Wouldn't the missing Martin son that went into the attic fit into this category? Though we don't know for certain, but I'm sure there were long term story projections for the character or he wouldn't've been cast. He was dropped from AMC history altogether.

• Members

No, Carlivati's brought back characters from the eighties, with very little knowledge or regard for their post-eighties lives unless he really likes them (which limits the field to Anna Devane, and even her second dead child never warranted even a veiled mention because she happened after 1990).

See: how Luke and Anna were suddenly old buddies when the first time Luke laid eyes on her was in 2006 in the Markham Islands and they didn't even have significant contact then. Fast forward to 2012 and they were suddenly old buddies when the Scorpios Luke (and Laura) knew in the eighties were Robert and HOLLY.

• Members

I'm not denying he did that with Anna, and it was silly. But he's also brought back Kevin, Faison, the Nurses Ball, A.J., hell, even Juan. He's clearly planning to tap more into that '90s [!@#$%^&*] with the Riveras, into the Cassadines and some other stuff.

I'm not saying that all of those returns were well done, or that I liked them all. But were they all limited to the '80s - no. That's inaccurate.

• Members

In spring of 2003 with Dena Higley writing DAYS, lots of unfinished storylines... the mysterious "goop" that Tony, Shawn-D, and some chick named Maya was looking for. Can't even remember the specifics. Then there was the pointless story of Bo & Hope being "bounty hunters" because that line of work was somehow safer than being on the police force, and would ensure that Zack has two living parents. K....

How about in 2000 when there was some evil can that Shawn & Belle found at the site where Mimi's Habitat for Humanity house was built? It was haunted or jinxed or something, and would cause weird things to happen. Something happened to smarmy-mouthed Jan when she held it, or some such nonsense.

Yeah. A haunted tin can. Not making it up. And there was something written in it or on it that said, "Did it get you dizzy Desi?" I guess it later was somehow connected to Nicole's father Paul Walker in 2001. But I highly doubt that was the original plan.

• Members

Y&R's Colleen developing bulimia/anorexia when Adrianne Leon was in the role.

On GL in 1998, there was initially plans for a storyline involving Jenna's relatives and her money, when she came back from maternity leave in the summer. It was mentioned/refered to on screen ONCE. Then nothing.

Archived