Miscellaneous storylines

• Members

Are there any stories that were apparently started for some reason, but ultimately went nowhere, had no real purpose, and even now sort of baffle you?

I was thinking of this because of that bizarre storyline on GL in 1986 with Reva and Cain (Jerry Lanning), which I guess Pam Long had bigger plans for before she left, but instead just seemed like filler because they needed to have Reva in story all the time.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I remember on OLTL there was the Love Center storyline, that went nowhere and also the mention of CJ and Tina in 2003

And for Y&R the whole thing with whether or not Sheila is alive back in 2012 and also Primrose, the niece of Rose DeVille and not involving Nina and Christine in the Lucy storyline

• Members

When Ashley Abbott first appeared on Y&R in 1982, they paired her with a guy in the Jabot lab named Brian Forbes. The storyline really didn't go anywhere. I think Jack was interfering with their relationship. Eileen Davidson and Jay Kerr who played Brian were even on the cover of Soap Opera Digest in early 1983. By mid year Brian was gone and no mention was made of him again. He went to make a phone call and never came back.

Fast forward to the mid 90's and Ashley was yet paired again with a lab partner named Adam Hunter played by Grant Cramer( who also played the infamous Shawn Garrett that burried Lauren alive in the 80's). Grant had darkened his hair and now had a mustache. He only lasted a few months if that and he dropped out of sight.

The Kurt Costner storyline was a bust as well. He was supposed to be paired with Shari Shattuck's Ashley , but wound up with Hope and left town. Now that Leigh is appearing again on the show, it looks like they would try him with Eileen's Ashley.

• Members

I didn't know about Brian and Adam!

Although I don't blame them for the Kurt Costner storyline going nowhere. What a bore. And it would have been worse if we had to suffer through a love story between Leigh McCloskey and Shari Shattuck. That sounds almost as bad as MM/MCE or AH/BM now.

• Members

That was only done as a last-minute solution at writing Nick out because that Hack Bitch from Hell LML did not know how to properly plan in case contract negotiations went south. If Morrow hadn't resigned, Nick would have simply just died. Since he returned, they kinda had to explain that stupid plane crash, there were mumbles about some conspiracy, and nada.

Which pretty much sums up LML's run.

• Members

Other than the dance stories on Edge of Night, I'd probably include any of the dance/aerobic studio stories on soaps. The Nolaerobics story on GL seemed pointless and silly (and I can't imagine where it would have gone if Lisa Brown hadn't decided to leave the show). The Raindancers story with Rose and Denise on ATWT was even more superfluous. And there was some sort of dance studio story for Nancy during the Black & Stern era where some man was going to con her out of her money, wasn't there?

Archived