Miscellaneous storylines

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

How many times have we actually seen Kevin? What impact has he really had?

The Nurses' Ball was nothing more than his pet Sabrina's coming-out party. They had Rick Springfield coming back to tell Jason Thompson he was skyping with Sabrina and she was completely wonderful before performing Jesse's Girl and then leaving abruptly.

AJ's return was well-done, I'll grant that. Until Carlivati realized he couldn't keep Todd and decided to reinvent Franco, necessitating throwing AJ under the bus when Franco was revealed as a Quartermaine, only to be rewritten as a Baldwin-Webber less than a year later while AJ continues to languish on the backburner.

Carlivati made an absolute FOOL out of Lucy. Yes, she has always been a measure of comedic relief, but she wasn't a complete FOOL until Carlivati got a hold of her.

Juan showed up to deliver a wedding dress to his Disney Princess cousin. He doesn't even COUNT.

Carlivati also tried to claim that Luke would give a rat's ass about Sean Donnely. And why? They were never friends. Luke HATED Sean. I'm sure Carlivati never bothered to research, he simply saw that Luke and Sean KNEW each other and decided they liked each other. Luke NEVER liked Sean in their limited acquaintance, because Sean double-crossed Luke and Robert over the Aztec treasure.

• Members

Wasn't that Evan that stupid SoapStar (or whatever that horrid little reality competition show was...) winner? I honestly can't even remember what plotpoint story he was written into.

Dani and the Nikki who looked like Molly were two weird plots that were dropped unceremoniously. Oh, and that girl Paul hired to date Dusty after Jen died? The actress had been on GL. She actually had more chemistry with McCouch than most.

• Members

Y&R has had a mish mash of odd ball storylines over the years. In the early 80's they seemed to try and do several things with the Chris Brooks Foster character that never amounted to anything. They had one storyline where she wanted to redecorate and her father gave her the money and Snapper blew up at her and Stuart and told Stu to shove it. Then Sally McGuire and her son with Snapper came back into the picture to put a strain on Chris marriage. Then they did a storyline where Stuart told Greg to persue Chris which pissed Liz off. Then they had Chris sign a contract with Jabot to be a model and Jack had the hots for her. Chris then broke her contract and joined Snapper in England or where ever the heck it was.

In the 90's that crap with Ryan/Nina/Victoria/Cole. They had a mysterious woman call each of them to meet at the Collonade room to work out the situation. They never revealed the identity of the caller.

Birdie the homeless woman moving into the Chancellor home never came to anything.

The storyline where a character played by Beverly Archer (Iola from Mama's Family) was hired as a maid by Jill to run Katherine and Esther up the wall during the house battle was short lived.

The Dennison family was a bust other than Tricia the psycho.

• Members

Wasn't he the one who put Bob in a coma and made Chris really horny or something?

I remember reading about Evan's son being on the show, and being excited, because Evan was one of my favorite characters, but knowing not to feel happy, because of Goutman.

Wasn't there also some story with AJ Lamas as a boxer, and he had a sister, or something?

• Members

I remember that storyline a few years ago where they launched the real life version of Jabot products and tied it into the show with HSN selling it and promoting the show. But I remember those products getting horrible reviews and the whole jabot line stuff and whatever they had going on with Lauren disappeared like it never happened.

• Members

Was it supposed to? LOL Birdie was around as a friend to Katherine and Mac & as a PSA-character that served her plot purpose and moved on when the story was over. It was perfect like it was.

I wouldn't call the family a bust.

Sure, they weren't interesting in 1997 to early 1998. Jill and Keith were snooze-worthy (although their break-up, engineered by Katherine, did lead to the fight for the Chancellor mansion), Megan was stuck with that Alex guy and Tricia was just boring.

However, after Keith left, that little sh.it Phillip treated Tricia so badly that I started liking her for the first time. After that, you had the romance of Tony & Megan and Tricia slowly going crazy, her obsession over Tony, getting mixed up with Matt Clark and so on. Apart from a tough beginning, both Tricia and Megan were involved in heavy, great story for years and were played by wonderful actresses.

• Members

The only time I think Megan worked was with Nick Scotti.

This era had that story which completely baffled me, where viewers learned that John's longtime, entirely offcamera secretary, Audrey (Constance Towers), had manipulated the breakup between Dina and John. Dina returned briefly just so that she could be run off by a raging bitch Ashley.

• Members

Nick Scotti was fantastic and really became one of the best things about the younger generation.

Jay Bontatibus was an OK recast (and certainly looked fine) but didn't capture the same magic.

However, I wouldn't say Megan stopped working after Scotti. She was played by too good of an actress and Megan was a good but complicated woman. Soon enough Tricia started going nuts and interfering and JB was lucky to have Ashley Jones and Sabryn Genet to carry the story for him. Everything from Tony and Megan's romance (which never pretended to be anything but a sweet but complex romance between two quite different people in many ways) to Tony's death was gold.

It's not the same era. That was 1996, one of Bell's two worst years.

• Members

From skimming recaps, Evan did put Bob into a coma. Dusty figured it out and Evan "killed" him in Jan 2008. It was something about some drug he'd developed and Evan had some kind of past with Chris. (no, not that kind..)

I think the horny Chris thing was during the Keys to the Kingdom contest when he and Em nearly screwed in a mattress store. That was Rick Decker, I believe, who also put Bob into a coma that summer I believe.

Ugh...don't say Celia the orange crate girl's name ever again. Yes, the only thing her brother did was pop Lucy's cherry in a ice cave or something. Then they left town.

• Members

Thanks. I was remembering some scene of Dylan Bruce saying how hot he was and stripping down, and something about a watch.

I was trying to remember some of those Kinglsey/Malta stories, like Pamela Kingsley nearly being blown up in a car bomb. I lost all track of that storyline. I think Holden had a naughty file on Damian or something.

Speaking of pointless, didn't Pilar come back (pointless the first time as it was) just to kill a rabbit?

Archived