Another Y&R actor out??

• Members

I don't believe Jess is going anywhere. Tristan was given a 1 year contract that would ensure she's at least on screen for the next year. Not only that, but they've gone out of their way to give her more stories and connections leading into this new HW team, so I feel like they actually want to write for her.

I also don;'t think these writers have been bad for Sharon, so far. THey seem to be trying to make her more sane and putting her with Nick and building a relationship with Summer.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Agreed. The vid could be construed two ways: as a goodbye to a good friend or... something more. She likely did it to show that she is not going to abandon his friendship just yet? At least, I hope that is the case.

• Members

Agreed on both these points. And I too have really gotten behind the writing for Sharon of late. And for Jess too, it goes without saying. Jill Abbott is giving me life at the moment. That scene plotting with Jack last week was so dynamic and strong. She really shone.

• Members

It's astounding to see how Jill is written when for the past 10 years Jack and Victor basically laugh and spit at her. She was a total joke. The last writer who tried with Jill was LML and I thought her writing for Jill was one of her few highlights.

• Members

It's truly amazing what a difference it can make when you write long-established characters IN character (Note that the breakdown was by Natalie Minardi Slater & script by Janice Ferri Esser). It elevates a whole scene and rings true. That's the right direction--but they need to do more.

• Members

Totally OT but I had to say something.

You know, no offense to you or anyone else in this thread, it's just a general observation (I've been loving the crazy for 49 pages, it's been more entertaining than anything on TV lately), but this is why I have such difficulty when people use actors' initials so liberally. It took me three pages and 15 minutes to realize y'all were talking about Billy Miller and not something you do in a bathroom.

This is what I get for going on SON at 5am. *headdesk* Carry on.

Archived