Another Y&R actor out??

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm sure policies have changed since then but I can remember doing contract work at a TV show and there was an employee who had a sexual harrassment case pending and was still allowed to work there, while the case was being investigated. I don't know what resolution came out of it because when my contract period was up I moved on (it was the shi**tiest job I've ever had).

If it is a conduct/behavioral issue that is a he said/she said or he said/he said issue, it's difficult to say whether the action would be immediate.

Yes! I've had to backtrack and read to get caught up. I'm not going to lie, I've skimmed a few ranting posts and skipped others completely but it's mostly been riveting.

I have never been upset like some about a character/actor leaving, so I'm trying to understand the psychology behind all the hand wringing. I remember one year when I was a kid, 3 of my favorite actors left ATWT in the space of a few months. I didn't like it but I don't ever remember getting upset the way some are over this-- and I was pre-pubescent!

• Members

Right. I was a kid when Terry Lester was fired and I do remember being sad about that, but for the most part I didn't think much about most of the recasts on daytime until the net. Even now, I'm interested in the drama, but I can't say that I'm truly upset about any of the changes at Y&R this year and I liked most of the actors/characters that left or were fired.

• Members

Because of the internet there are no secrets in soaps anymore. Everything is outed before hand.

I remember Hearing about Sean Kanan may have to be replaced on GH in 97 then the next day there was Billy warlock and that was a surprise since his casting wasnt spoiled. I miss those days a lot

• Members

There is a lot of [!@#$%^&*] being placed at the door of some of the actors (Muhney included) and I personally think that crazy bloggers (side-eyes you-know-who) and fans have been pouring over MM's every last word in his Huff Post interview and jumping on anything to try and blame somebody, ANYBODY, for their darling boy getting fired. I re-read the bit about Eric Braeden, and whether he was involved with MM's firing. MM deflects the question completely; instead he uses MW as an example of how he would like to go out on his final days on set -- with grace and dignity. Then he says that any disagreements he ever had with EB are in the past.

I don't know if you can infer from THAT ^^ that EB got MW fired because she wouldn't put out! Even MM is not that talented a conversationalist.

The stans have gone after JFP for this... then when MM defended JFP in his interview, they went after Doug Davidson (after You-Know-Who told them to) and Steve Burton... then Eric Braeden... they are just trawling through the Y&R cast, past and present, just to find someone they can blame for this. Josh Morrow will probably be next. Because he must have been jealous!!!!

I hope MM is able to distance himself from some of these people. He needs some time to lick his wounds and keep his head down, methinks.

• Members

I think Nelson re-releasing that blind item AND asking MM specifically about Braeden so that he could say what he did about MW was in no way a coincidence. Perhaps it was even planned with MM. But I am glad Maura spoke out about it.

I am so annoyed by all the bloggers and website owners saying "there is more to it", inferring they know what happened, and yet not saying what it is. It's like "I know something you don't know. Na na na na na na!"

Spill it or stfu.

JMO.

• Members

Daytime dramas are a producers medium. The shows that allow the actors to control stories, casting etc, need a wake up call. I know not everyone likes Valentini but he doesnt allow shot at GH. We need more of that. Writers and producers like Monty, Riche, Raych, and Marland who didnt suffer fools gladly. These shows need to take the control back and tell certain actors if U dont like how its run here, the dooe is right there, Use it!!!

TL's exit wasnt big news in the mags then? I know he had stated before his death, he left cause he didnt like tht Bell was letting the teen scene take over the show

Archived