When Adoptive Family Members Are Lovers...

• Members

I agree with this. Bo is not a Brady and it was known he was a Kiriakis before Shawn was even born. I guess I personally don't consider a half-sibling to fit into the same sentiments as an adopted/full sibling since it is known there is different blood lineage. Or was the OP referring to the initial belief that Belle was Roman's? Either way, it is not as though they were raised as adopted cousins. So Shawn has Horton blood from Hope, Kiriakis from Bo, Belle has Evans from Marlena and Brady/DiMera from John. I agree it is a bit creepy how close the family trees come, but I don't see these two as having been raised as adopted cousins.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I guess it depends on when you came into the story but since I watched it from the beginning I always think of Julie and Hope more as sisters than step-daughter/step-mother (though I know technically they are). Hope has never called Julie mom or mother. But it wouldn't seem weird to Hope to introduce Julie as her step-mother since that's all she's known (except for the period when Doug and Julie divorced and Doug married Lee). And technically, Doug is also Hope's brother-in-law but that is never mentioned, lol!

Archived