When Adoptive Family Members Are Lovers...

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I still couldn't get behind Josh and Meg, though, for the reason that he raped Iva and Meg grew up believing Iva was her biological sister. Even if she knew Iva was adopted, I would think they would have bonded in some way and marrying the guy who raped and impregnated her...

Marland was obviously a gifted writer and the actors were all talented but even my tweenage romantic mind still couldn't wrap itself around that concept.

• Members

LOL yeah B&B owns this thread.

I also think the whole Julie / Doug pairing is kinda weird. I would never get over if my sister married my dad. Is there a recon there? Because recently she has been introducing Julie as her step mother. That is less confusing for new viewers.

• Members

I couldn't stand Josh. Meg wasn't a favorite character either, but she grew as a character during her marriage to Tonio, and I liked Jennifer Ashe's performance. The only reasoning I can buy for Meg is that she and Iva weren't really close since Iva had run away while Meg was still a baby and Josh befriended her even after she had accused him of rape/attempted rape.

But yeah, I never really bought into that relationship, or the way Iva was forced to accept him being a part of her family.

Jon and Tammy were first (half) cousins and step-siblings via Richard's marriage to Cassie. There was no baby. Jon had a daughter with Lizzie Spaulding, and the rat-bastard kidnapped her for years, which was another reason I hated him.

• Members

No I don't for the reasons I stated. It should be weird for others who aren't aware of her family's history, but it shouldn't be odd to Hope bc this is all she's known. She never knew her mother so that's one factor that she's never had to deal with in this situation. She'd introduce Julie as her sister or stepmother as she has in the past.

Archived