When Adoptive Family Members Are Lovers...

• Members

I don't know whether this counts, but I thought it was weird how DAYS' Kristen promised Stefano on his (eleventh) deathbed that she would marry her foster brother, Tony. Of course, since Tony turned out to be Andre, I guess it wasn't SO awful. Still, the fact that Stefano considered both Tony and Kristen his children was a bit unsettling to me.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Pretty much. IIRC, Renee broke up with Tony when she discovered she was Stefano's biological daughter, but by the time Tony figured out he wasn't Stefano's son, she had married David Banning.

You're going to think I'm sick for suggesting this -- I know I would -- but I STILL believe the following: 1) that John is Stefano's son (and not his brother, as the latest retcon suggests); and 2) that Stefano fathered Peter and Kristen as well (with the Lady in White). Which would make John and Kristen -- you guessed it -- brother and sister.

• Members

I never bought the John is a Brady (and Stefano's brother) story. I am with you. I always believed that John is Stefano's son.

Ridge and Bridget, what a HORRIBLE idea.

Rick and Ridge's daughters. Also horrible.

Making Marcus a Forrester was a stupid idea in the first place. Eric adopted the adult son of wife #10 with whom he stayed for a few months. I am still hoping that Marcus will turn out to be an imposter and that the character will be forgotten forever.

• Members

I always thought it was shady how the Cramers (and TPTB) on OLTL all but ignored River Carpenter - Dorian's grandson and the rare (adoptive) male Cramer - after the whole teenaged romance with Adriana, which began well before anyone knew she too was a Cramer by blood.

I always wanted them to bring the character back and address that. The horrible, strange awkwardness and bitterness of that situation.

• Members

Wait---Meredith was adopted? I guess I missed that.

Ugh...Jammy. I knew I was forgetting something. Accidental incest is one thing. What made Jonathan more disgusting is that he went after Tammy knowing they were cousins, as some twisted way of punishing Reva and Cassie. And as if Tammy were nothing but a used tissue in his game of collateral damage.

• Members

Seems to me that it's funny that B&B always seems to go there. While Y&R hardly does. Y&R had a case of accidental incest once. But, they just thought that it was for a few years and so did the audience. (Because, Jill was not Kay's child...making what Billy/Mackenzie did null and void)

I've always been surprised that Y&R's never went there with Lily and Devon. Especially before Lily was with Cane. I'm actually RELIEVED they've never went there.

If this was B&B. It would have happened. Ugh.

Also. Ridge/Bridgette is what made me stop watching for a long while. That was sick! He thought he was her dad, then her biological brother...and then, they find out that he's not really a Forrester...and then he did her! He did his sister!!! (I don't care if he was adopted. It's still his sister! They were still raised together!)

• Members

Didn't they do that with Eric and Stephanie's daughter, Angela? Or did we know from the beginning that "Angela" was really Deveney?

Let's not forget Brooke, who welcomes EVERY male newcomer to the Logan family with a complimentary "job."

Archived