Your "I will fight you" characters

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I loved Gilly and Alan Michael, too. They were just one of many missed opportunities from JFP, whom I personally loathed at GL, but I will not go there as she has so many admirers. I recall that at the very end of Gilly and A-M's attraction, Amelia Marshall ad-libbed a line to the effect of "you haven't got the guts to go after something that scares you". She was basically telling off the producers, sponsors, and network. I loved it.

I enjoyed Eve initially. She was an intriguing character when she was in the nunnery and only shown in extreme close-up of her eyes. I have some of those on tape and should put them up if the people at the GL youtube channel have not. At any rate, JFP and the writers ruined Eve by turning her into a psycho in order to continually prop up Mindy and Nick...another of JFP's usual problems. Hilary Edson did not play that well, and later placing her in a romance with Ed (when they should have reignited the Ed/Holly/Roger triangle) simply made things worse. I do not blame Edson. It was consistent mismanagement by Phelps and P&G.

The GL character I always defended was Sonni. Yes, she dominated the storyline for a year and was not a vet, but Michelle Forbes played the hell out of that role. She was one of the few women who could go toe to toe with Kim Zimmer and not get devoured. And, despite the fact that the plot was somewhat hoary and had already been done to death, Forbes managed to fascinate with unexpected takes on the scripts.

• Members

I never knew that they actually edited out scenes of Alan-Michael and Gilly. That really upsets me. I didn't know they'd gone that far. I wonder if it was P&G or Phelps. I know she seemed desperate to make Lucy popular, which never really happened.

• Members

Back in the day (LOOOOOOOOOOOONG time ago) nobody could say a word about this woman resume_5339_00.jpg, without me interfering. From 1992-3 to maybe 2001-2 I would fight for her to death. But then they thrashed her over and over and over and over and she became a parody. I love her still, because she is hilarious.

• Members

I just enjoy that on a case by case basis. Look at the fighting between Jesse and David on AMC. I love both of them. Sometimes I agree with David, sometimes I agree with Jesse. I just watch that [!@#$%^&*] like a tennis game and enjoy the back and forth.

Archived