Your "I will fight you" characters

• Members

I'm sure this has been discussed before, I may even have started a thread on it, but we've talked about everything a few dozen times anyway, so maybe this will get some interest.

Who are the soap characters you got irrationally angry about when you saw people criticize them - either other characters, or fans?

Yes, it's just fiction, it's not anything serious, but you still got pissed off.

My main ones were:

Delia - Ryan's Hope. This got especially bad when Randall Edwards was in the role, as the writing angered me so much.

Siobhan - Ryan's Hope. Only with Sarah Felder.

Carly - GH. Only with Sarah Brown.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I hate it when people call ERICA on AMC evil. I never thought of her as evil just a complicated person. I hate it especially when long term fans that should know good and well what her childhood was like call her evil and talk about her as if she were cardboard.

• Members

Yep. Same here. I can and do defend just about everything she did. In the hands of another actress, she could have been evil, but Susan gave her a vulnerability and a sense of humor that made you feel for her even when you wanted to smack her. She's not a villain at all, IMO.

• Members

Yes. Sleeping with Bill. Just pure gutter butt. When she did it to Hope & Bridget and still didn't learn anything and has done it yet again, now to her sister . . . Done.

Brooke doing it to anyone. Fine. Family, not cute. And this is her 3rd offense. Once, twice, maybe. Habitually, nope. Team Katie. Katie should've rammed her foot in the crack of Brooke's ass.

• Members

PSSNS-Theresa (though since then I realized just how psycho she really was.......stilll think Gwen could be worse sometimes)

DOOL-Sami (again, looking at older clips she was pretty evil, but I feel bad when Kate does something to her and then gets away with it)

B&B-Hope,Brooke

Y&R-Jack, (when people say how great Victor is and how bad Jack is)

• Members

YES and YES (at least while I still watched B&B.) Although I wouldn't call it irrational anger. I would defend them with my last breath against holier-than-thou haters. And I would wear my fingers down to nubs defending them against horrid plotwhorish writers who changed history to suit their pet of the moment/contrived twist for shock value/lack of writing talent.

Over-involved...yeah. Irrational...NO. LOL.

• Members

OLTL: Viki, Nora, Marty, Natalie, and often Blair. Back in the day a little Blair sans Todd used to go a long way for me. Then came the Jack baby switch and Live Week. That character has taken so much [!@#$%^&*] from the Todds and the writers, especially since 2001 or so, that I can give a pass for almost anything. Also: Kevin, R.J.

GH: Robin, Anna, Laura. See above.

Archived