Your "I will fight you" characters

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Y&R: Ashley Abbott (and Eileen Davidson). Jill Foster.

B&B: Brooke Logan, Hope Logan.

Days: Kate Roberts, Lawrence Alamain, Marlena Evans.

GH: AJ Quartermaine, Brenda Barrett (and Vanessa Marcil tongue.png ), Lorenzo Alcazar.

Santa Barbara: Mason Capwell, Julia Wainwright, Eden Capwell, Cruz Castillo, Robert Barr, Gina Capwell, Keith Timmons.

• Members

Depends on the writing and acting. I liked Jill and Delia on Ryan's Hope but I always rooted for Delia over Jill in their stories together, because I knew that the writing was so lopsided against Delia.

Past characters are fine too. I don't care about most of the characters on soaps now.

• Members

Oh gosh, that's so hard sometimes! For example, that fight with Blair and Gabrielle on OLTL after the DBL came out (Gabby kept quiet after she found out the truth--Todd blackmailed her with a job as style editor of the Sun). My heart bled for Blair after what happened and she had every right to be mad at Gabrielle, but Gabrielle is my girl, too. She was truly her own worst enemy.

• Members

Sunset Beach's Virginia (whom I incorrectly named myself after)

All My Children's Taylor Roxbury-Cannon (the Ingrid Rogers years) and The Real Kendall Hart (a.k.a.: Sarah Michelle Gellar)

Y&R's Drucilla Barber-Winters/Queen Victoria Rowell, The Real Lily Winters (a.k.a.: Davetta Sherwood), and Colleen Carlton (pre-Adrienne Leon's horrible replacement)

GH's Elizabeth Webber (pre-2003), Keesha Ward, The Real Lucky Spencer (a.k.a.: Jonathan Jackson), Sonny Corinthos (pre-1999), Robin Scorpio, and Brenda Barrett.

OLTL's Evangeline Williamson, Dorian Lord, The Real Jessica Buchanan (a.k.a.: Erin Torpey), The Real Todd Manning (a.k.a.: Roger Howarth on OLTL), and Blair Cramer

GL's The Real Cassie Layne Winslow (as played by Laura Wright)

• Members

Another character I couldn't stand during the 2006-2010 years. What a horrible being she was.

Generally doesn't happen. I usually only have one "fave" per soap.

What a shame about Kendell and Greenlee, two characters with such great initial promise which wound up becoming over saturated and overused during AMC's last 6 years. Kendell's story pretty much ended in 2003, yet she stayed on for years with no purpose. Greenlee could have been revitalized as a character had she exited in early 2003 and came back for that 2009 return as David's bride. But her character was squandered with to many returns, deaths and exits that whatever little success the character had initially was irrevocably gone during the Sabine-Budig gate in 07'.

SMG's Kendell was truly a sight to be watched, just watching her react to things and see the inner turmoil all across her face in so many moments was transcendent. An incredibly capable actress.

I forgot about Lucky, he was one of my favorites as well from 2005 until the character was written off.

• Members

That's just it. Even the characters I would have defended in the past -- characters such as Erica (AMC) and Nola (GL) -- were done in eventually by poor decisions on the part of the writers.

I think India (also GL) was probably the only favorite of mine whose character the writers never assassinated. But it probably helped, too, not to have her on the show continuously beyond Mary Kay Adams' initial run in the '80's.

• Members

There are some characters today that I still get het up and defensive about. I just remembered two more -- Nicole on Days and Deacon on B&B. But Ashley Abbott remains my number one. Whenever anybody calls her "sperm pig" or says that she is a useless character who is not needed on the show, it is like a knife to my heart! lol

Archived