GH: On The Bubble Yet Again?

• Members

http://madamenoire.com/308597/abc-developing-daytime-talk-show-starring-monique/

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/abc-developing-monique-talk-show-640072

The program featuring the actress and comic, who won an Oscar for "Precious," has not yet gotten a firm go, but could be available in syndication as soon as fall 2014.

Mo’Nique, the actress and comedienne who won a best supporting actor Oscar for her work in the 2009 big-screen dramaPrecious, is working on a syndicated talk show with ABC/Disney that could launch as soon as September 2014, according to sources.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Not sure if this is a joke, but someone tweeted the other day that Craptini were told to move this show along, hence the faster pace of the SLs. She even speculated on why ABC would make this request.

Monique on ABC? I can only pray this is not true.

ETA: Perhaps she'll bump Katie, who CLEARLY is not worth the $10 million she is reportedly getting! Monique would not be 1/2 that expensive and Steve Harvey's show is doing very well from what I hear. I can't imagine back to back talk shows with Monique and Katie.

• Members

Exactly. That could be a win-win. ABC would no longer produce GH plus they wouldn't have to fight off a lawsuit (regardless of how significant you think the Law Suite is. A Law suite is a Law suite) while PP can have the entire soap lineup. Not to mention the viewers the soaps will get considering this is GH's 50th year. I can read the headline now "The Long Running ABC Soap General Hospital makes Historic Transition to Online Media as it closes its 50th year"

• Members

I just don't get it with this fetish the TV audience has for talk shows. There are only X amount of conceivable topics for these hosts to discuss, and there is already a gazillion talk shows on all the channels talking them to death. Monique can discuss what exactly that Katie, Marie, Anderson, the gabbers on Today, and all the others are not saying already? I truly don't understand why anyone needs to watch more than 1 or 2 of these shows. If you watch The View, why watch The Talk and if you watch The Talk why do you need to watch The View? There are 500 talk shows and only four soap operas, so do we really need to have one less soap so we can have 501 talk shows?

• Members

It's not the audience, it's the syndicators constantly pushing. Anderson and Marie are gone. Most talk shows flop. I remember all the hoopla about Kris Jenner having Kim, Kayne, and baby on her show. It was still kanned.

Archived