• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't remember Jack seeing Victor's tattoo.

I wouldn't be totally shocked if she's tied in somehow-- it could harken back to Jeffrey being the one who was originally talking to her online & then really pushed Matthew to find her when Matthew was briefly over it after he drove to Canada (although at the same time he's seemed almost genuinely leery of her). And she has a certain kooky look that would work for Allison's daughter. But I've also been really buying her Matthew obsession as just a psycho stalker girl thing. The other way I could see it going is if in lurking around for info on/to make trouble for Dani/Destiny or at the Palace, she stumbles into some of Jeffrey's dark secret. But by the time that happens, she & Matthew are done because she's either gone too far with something with Drew or been caught in a bunch more lies and no one believes her/she gets killed. I don't know with her- it could go either way on her being connected.

• Members

1st Episode:

I looooved how much movement there was the entire duration of the show. The pacing reminded me of when the reboot first occurred.

Loved those Tea/Blair scenes. As much as I hated that there became a Todd AND a Victor, it really helps that Blair and Tea are no longer fighting over the same man.

Jefferey taking a dark turn is JUST what the character needed.

Biggest annoyance though was the crappy editing on the cussing. It was distracting and drew more attention to the edited out words imo.

• Members

Yeah, I do have a hard time fitting the Alison we know with all of this... She's always been shown as smart, but extremely unstable, and...

Still, I admit I liked the reveal, and am willing to see where it goes.

I did really enjoy the episodes. The censoring was beyond ridiculous--you can't say tits now? I wasn't even sure what one of the other words censored was. Why can't Tea say Son of a Bitch but right after they leave in Bitch? It's like they let a poor confused intern edit the swearing out for this and he simply had no idea what to censor and what not to.

• Members

I'm willing to be filled in on the details, but I admit right now the motivations don't make a lot of sense to me. Clint found out about this secret operation at some point? When, back when Matthew was in boarding school? He seems one of the characters on the show right now who could care the least about any of it. However, I still loved how the scenes played out and so am willing to have the details filled in (Hell, it already makes more sense than most of the big convulated explanations Ron used for his epic stories.)

I loved the "Three's Company" scenes and agree it set Jeffrey up well--most other soaps would have had a hard time not showing Jeffrey with ominous music doing sketchy things from the get go--but I agree, I don't need to see his foot again, lol. That kinda made me laugh out loud.

Yes, I enjoyed the David/Jo/Dorian stuff--but am also not at all interested in the reality show. It also seems weird to now have these people being filmed inadvertently saying things after, in the first few weeks, we saw David secretly filming family members--a story that seems to have gone nowhere (not that I care.) I guess it may have to do with SBH leaving as co-HW but OLTL does seem to have a few more dropped stories than AMC, where everything has, IIRC basically been played out from the start.

Agreed. Especially since I guess we probably would have gotten four or so more episodes without that silly strike.

• Members

I'm pretty sure they do have some poor intern scrambling to 'bleep' these episodes way after the fact. And yeah, it was really bad in the first show of the week. Ridiculous and unnecessary. Just let 'em curse next season and clean it up for TV.

The Blair and Téa and Cutter/Clint scenes were good, but way too brief. That all needed a lot more. Blair's exit and the lines the two of them tossed at each on her way out were perfect, but you could've filled an episode with just those two drinking and bitching for the whole of their segments. Same with whatever the deal is with Cutter and Clint.

And I've said it before, but they need a lot more Matthew and Destiny. I still prefer Dani as the endgame but both of them really come alive with each other, as opposed to with Michelle.

• Members

I wish the Tea/Blair scene had been longer as well. It seemed like they went from Blair forcing herself on Tea, them starting to commiserate together, and then we cut back and Tea was back in anger mode kicking Blair out (though I liked the ending with Tea shouting to Blair asking what she was going to wear.) I coulda used a scene inbetween with them sorta loosening up.

• Members

I'm so glad you said this because it tells me I'm not just being borderline fangirl-ish in wanting more of them. They could have gotten serious mileage out of them waiting at the hospital- it practically writes itself. Michelle did not need to come back for any reason- he could have groveled later & she could have had an opportunity to make her jealous face at the gala if they talked about Drew. Oh well, there's definitely more opportunities to play them together next season.

• Members

I think the actors who portray Matthew and Destiny definitely have chemistry. I think it makes it interesting when you keep things a bit more uncertain and open with the younger set.

Vicki and Clint's scenes were just complex and good. They both appeared anguished and pleading with each other for completely different reasons. And the love is definitely there even though Vicki feels the need to demonstrate tough love at the moment while Clint would just as soon go back to the way things were when they were good.

While I don't feel that there was as much build to the Man of the Year gala, I do anticipate some fireworks. For some reason, though, I still feel like I'm savoring little moments in scenes rather than the overall episodes and I don't know whether it's a good thing or bad thing that I seem to instantly get wrapped up in the previews rather than reflecting on the episode that just happened.

Never knew I'd be so happy to see Ron Raines. I don't know where the heck this tattoo story is going (I've stayed away from spoilers, only watching previews and MORE) but I'm interested in where they will take me on this one.

I meant to mention this in another post but I keep forgetting:

The Hair and Makeup folks at these PP Soaps must be in line for some Emmy Nominations--they do a fabulous job!

It's so refreshing after seeing people, particularly, people of color styled either horribly or with indifference on shows like Y&R for years, to see how terrific everyone's hair and makeup looks now, it's nice that it's almost a non issue (except that I just made it one tongue.png )

I've been noticing things like Audio and background music and I know some had complaints early on, particularly with OLTL as it regards Shelter but I haven't noticed anything lately, has anyone else? I mean except the post production editing of the curse words (which I hope they work out a compromise rather than pull back completely from expletives).

It looks like Carl Petersen might become an arch nemesis to Clint Buchanan (actually they are looking more like enemies at this point). Good move, because the sibling rivalry between Bo and Clint can only go so far, so it's good to insert a true nemesis into the mix at this point. And OLTL doesn't mess around--the character is already mixing things up with Dorian--they don't waste time on this show.

• Members

Anyone notice that its implied that Clint's irrational behavior is due to him being drugged. Im guessing that's their out to redeem him with Viki and everyone else as he gets worse. I wonder how long has his medication been messed with

• Members

That'sbeen mentioned. I think it's *partly* implied but doesn't let him off the hook completely by any means--at least I hope not. To be honest, I'm kinda confused about that plot point--I think it makes sense and ties this all in to the story--but I could see Clint acting the way he is--with the booze, etc, regardless so I'm not sue adding this very cliché soapy twist adds much.

Archived