• Members

You don't actually hear the bleep sound but the sound drop and omission is more than noticeable, particularly with Téa and Blair's scene and Nikki and Rama's scene is especially bad. The edit actually jumbles Nikki's dialogue to the point where part of what she said was lopped off and I couldn't understand what was said.

OLTL needs to take a page out of AMC's book (pun intended). AMC seems to have found a happy medium...so far.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't think there's any rhyme or reason to it. I think they've just been quickly cutting and sending these eps out and if they miss a few curse words, that's that - seat of their pants. That's what I think happened at AMC. I don't think the bleeping is necessary here. I still hope they bring back the full range of expletives for Season 2 and sanitize only the TV airings. If they have more lead time in future, they can get that process under control.

• Members

I have loved the past couple weeks of the show! It really feels like things have finally started to gel, not only with production/style but storylines.

I like the turn with Jeffrey and the edition of Ron Raines has great potential for a real villain. Was completely shocked by the "connection" to Alison.

Overall the characters are interacting and tied together so much more than they were early on. It's a shame in a way that the show was on such a roll and then they took "a break".

• Members

Episode 51

Ugh, can Molly the Maid go away. She looks like a bootleg Natalie

"Why does Destiny get to see Drew and I don't?" Because she is his parent you doofus! Matthew is nothing more than a glorified sperm donor. Of course Drew's mommy gets priority,

LOL...at Bo wanting to say f--k

LOL at Tea referring to Todd as the other guy and then calling Blair an idiot when she saw her ring. I hate that they censored Tea saying a-hole. Im glad Tea finally lashed out about Vic. Its only natural. I love when these two women have scenes together. They make for good frenemies. WTF?!? They censored Blair saying "son of a bitch" , but they let her calling Tea a bitch go through. Makes no sense. They say bitch all the time on network tv and with the way things are now, the ABC soaps are more provocative with their language than these online dramas

Clint's such an idiot. He should have just paid Diego's hospital bills and gone on his way. Its not like he doesn't have the money. I cant believe Viki listened to Dorian. I think it was a wrong move of her to leak that video. Disloyal for sure.

The tattoo plot thickens.....

Episode 52

Don't like Jeffrey going dark or rather being revealed to be. This Carl sent Jeffrey to befriend Matthew in London? WTF? That was back when they were 16 in high school. The characters are 21 now so it means that Jeffrey has been involved in this for 5 years. This plot just took a turn for the worse and its screaming of the silly stupid nonsense RC is known for. I find it hard to believe that someone was sent to get close to Matthew and that plan wasn't utilized till 5 years later. He wasn't even in that boarding school long

Whats with all these CBS people on today's episodes...lol. Good twist to Carl being Alison's brother

So Molly can clean up. The dress looked better on Dani. That bitch is so a tattoo person!

Good for Viki checking Clint and telling him to man up

Shelter is such an awful set for a gala. It was way too dark

LMAO at Dorian's entrance. Who she think she is? The Queen?

• Members

Oh my god she IS bootleg Natalie.

I feel like that line came off clunky/entitled instead of what they were going for with this whole health crisis which was that at he was concerned and wanted to see Drew. I thought Matthew (and maybe I'm being a blind apologist because I love RG) was just annoyed about the 1 at a time rule (which really from my unwanted but frequent experience with a small child and seizures, they would have probably both been with him almost the whole time but whatever its soapland and I get they weren't looking to use a toddler that much), not trying to bump off Destiny from spending time with Drew. But this is a world where both of them dump Drew on a babysitter that same night and Destiny finds time to glam up beautifully so I'm not sure why I'm even bothering to give it so much thought.

• Members

I have only been watching OLTL since 2010. Can some kind soul please explain the significance of Alison Perkins to me. I don't want to wade through a character bio because I only need to know how she ties into the current show.

Also, I am really loving OLTL. Much more than AMC actually. Even the slightly wacky stories have just enough balance to make them entertaining. I actually love the coniving producer character and the actress is perfect playing off of Tuck's David.

Can't wait for the gala and the return of drunk Clint. My only complaint is that I do wish Victor were back. What can I say, I love TSJ.

• Members

I feel like the show is finally becoming everything I knew/hoped it would eventually be in those slump episodes at the end of May. So of course, we're getting a hiatus & I wish we had a couple extra weeks like AMC. But its good that it seems like its going to be a big finale. This all feels finale-esque- its odd since it wasn't the plan.

-- I really like Marnie S and of course David and Dorian separately and together but I'm over the reality show. There is too much stuff I care about & too many important beats we could be playing that the scenes now just annoy me. Dorian doing multiple takes/emotions on her lines was amusing. In a 4 day continuous model, great but not now.

--Love Michelle trying to mess with Dani & Tea's girl just not having it. The past 2 weeks were significantly less heavy on KM than we'd been getting- that's fine for balance but personally I missed her.

--Enjoyed Blair & Tea much more than I have in awhile now that they're not in Todd's hotel room plotting...I'm still not even sure what the plan was. Loved them as enemies but the relationship is past that now so I'll take whatever snark I can get. And Tea's giant wine pour for herself was great as was her covering herself up with the blanket- who hasn't been there over a messed up relationship even if its not quite Victor/Tea dysfunctional?

--Not here for Bo & Nora agreeing that Matthew was mean to Michelle. If she hadn't shoved herself front and center announcing she was the girlfriend when Nora was comforting Destiny, he wouldn't have bounced her.

--Enjoyed Clint's reaction to Matthew's where else would I be but here with Drew. Also enjoyed that Matthew is Buchanan enough to actually be offended by it but then also sort of apologized for handing Clint over to ultimately be arrested by Bo. Clint's the only one whose really tough on him & yet totally has his love & respect- its a good dynamic. Loved Nora shoving Bo out the door to avoid a scene.

--The resolution of the Drew health scare on the whole could have packed a little more punch though. The long Matthew/Destiny hug with the other two on the outside looking in was good but they should have had a brief convo at the hospital instead of like 3 for him & Michelle. Or if the goal is to show Matthew really cares, give us a cute little scene with him & Drew. I get not using child actors a ton & getting that chatty adorable little boy to play sick is probably hard but they needed something short & sweet here where we maybe at least saw him hold Drew. They set it up nicely last week him reacting to the Michelle's mistake line & telling Destiny that he loved him but this ep was just kind of meh. It felt really Michelle focused & while showing her as off/potentially crazy made sense, just a little bit more in other beats would have went a long way on this.

--I'm obsessed with the Jeffrey twist but I'm not sure how excited I am if we're going to be doing a lot of feet close-ups. Also, I know a lot of people felt like all those Three's Company apartment character scenes early on were pointless or too much (I personally enjoyed for the most part)--- but I think having gotten a real sense of Jeffrey's dynamic with Matthew & Dani really adds to the impact of the reveal. We haven't just been told that they're friends, we really saw what looked like very real friendships on more than one occasion.

--I'm too upset by what they did to gorgeous Kelley Missal's hair here to comment rationally but I will try.

--Are they trying to make Nikki Kim? I like Jwoww in her small bits but she is not Kim. Or someone I want to have any sort of real story outside Shelter.

--I loved Carl-yes he's already mustache twirling but I don't care. We needed a villain- a real one, not just someone we love who is occasionally bad like Clint or Dorian, & Carl is working for me. I'm not even sure how I feel about Ron Raines because I'm just so full of questions! Clint was getting too close to the organization? How? Why? The Victor stuff was all obvious but I'm completely thrown by the Buchanan tie-in. Is Allison his sister or cult type sister? Does this tie back to Mitch or is someone else involved here?

--Jeffrey's way more involved than I thought and I'm happy about it. Really thought the show would backtrack after the big reveal and have him in the dark on a lot of it but he is here scheming (changing Clint's pills!) in front of our eyes and its awesome. Obviously he cares about Viki & the Destiny thing will get more serious and that will all play in but yay for him pulling stuff right under everyone's nose right now-- not that it seems very hard to pull the wool over on Matthew who wandered away from the locked door puzzled as though it were a confusing concept & then left Clint to drink alone. The boarding school plant idea works well if I don't think about time & specifics too much & I'm fine with that here.

--I wanted to care about Cutter/Natalie. I still don't really yet though.

--Loved Viki turning Clint's be a Buchanan speeches around on him. Loved how they softened to each other in the final scene.

--Dead over David shoving Blair and then dismissing the unimportant people to introduce Pa & Stepnora.

--Who cares about the matching dresses? Destiny looks 100x better than both of them. I liked how she looked amused by it- or maybe I just wanted her to be amused & was projecting that. She looked so great I don't even care that no mother would leave her recently discharged from the hospital with a first time seizure three year old alone for a night. Liked Michelle positioning herself between Matthew & Dani during the Carl intro & then immediately shifting over to be in between Matthew & Destiny like she can't decide which girl she should be more concerned with.

--I have loved every single hair/outfit/makeup they have done Natalie this season so I was sad to just not love this so much. Tea looked amazing.

Previews- the only thing that will make taking time away from the gala for Jack/Kate okay is a tattoo revelation in that sex scene. I better see one. I'm completely unspoiled but hopeful.

• Members

Allison Perkins debuted on OLTL back in 1986 as a meek and quiet nursing student who later became one of Mitch Laurence's followers in his evil cult. She was also brainwashed by Mitch to switch Viki's twin girls Jessica and Natalie shortly after they were born that same year (Clint and Viki didn't know at the time that Viki gave birth to twin girls until years later! At that time they thought Viki had given birth to one child Jessica), leading Clint and Viki to believe that Jessica was kidnapped (when actually Allison took Natalie) before they later got her back (and Allison switched Natalie with her twin sister Jessica). Years later in 2001, Allison lured Natalie to Llanview after Natalie befriended Jessica at Llanview University and claimed she was Clint and Viki's biological daughter and Jessica wasn't really their biological child. A DNA test later revealed that Natalie was really Clint and Viki's bio daughter, but another DNA test also revealed that Jessica and Natalie were bio twins, but came from different fathers (Jessica was believed to be Mitch's daughter with Viki via rape after Mitch secretly drugged her while she was pregnant with Natalie, and Natalie was Viki's daughter with Clint). Years later in 2012, it was revealed that Allison botched that DNA test for Jessica to let her former leader to believe that Jessica was Mitch's daughter, and that Jessica was really Clint's bio daughter and that both Jessica and Natalie shared the same bio dad after all!

Archived