ABC Soap Opera Bistro--did anyone eat here?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes! It was a lot cooler inside than those photos make it seem and they also acted out scenes from the soaps in character based on what section of the restaurant you're sitting in. There was also a telly that had famous ABC soap scenes on loop. We set into the GH/PC section.

The gift soap was okay. They sold pretty the same kinda standard ABC soap stuff- the anniversary books, shirts, caps, and what not.

• Members

I admit, it looks fun--I'd love to sit in the AMC section (wish there was a pic of the OLTL one.) Odd that only two OLTL characters are the ones name checked on the menu.

It sounds like it was a victim of the cheap-ass fuckery that mired Disney's California in its early years in general.

• Members

There were two Super Soap Weekends at Disney California. I covered them both for Soap Opera Digest / Weekly. The first year, the Bistro was open and they had some of the soap stars mingling with fans eating there. (I was lucky enough to run into & have lunch with one of my favorite people, Marj Dusay... I have to mention her, because she's one of the nicest, most warm & endearing people I'd ever met in the soap industry.)

The second year, I took my then-new boyfriend / now-partner / soon-to-be husband along. It was a lot of fun for him AND me, because he had become such an unexpected fan of AMC & OLTL, and I got to see sort of a star-struck reaction through his eyes... BUT... I was bummed to see the Bistro had since closed.

• Members

My friend ate there and her server told her that Slezak was a real biotch. Maybe she was just having a bad day?

I have to agree about Marj, what a sweet lady. I'll never forget the sight of her in a trench coat, walking off into the New York night puffing on a cig.

• Members

I never heard of this, but it sounds like it would've been fun.

What was on the AMC menu?

I could see:

BEVERAGES

Janet Green Tea

Arlene Vaughan's 100-Proof Vodka

APPETIZER

Bianca's TicTacs (when Bianca was anorexic)

ENTRÉE

Opal's Southern Fried Chicken

DESSERT

Dixie's Poisoned Peanut Butter & Banana Pancakes

Archived