• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'll have more thoughts later but finishing up ep 40 now and I'm getting Jodi Arias vibes from Michelle staring at Matthew in that bed. She looks like she could either pounce on top of him for round 3 or chop him into pieces

Also Marnie Schulenberg looked really good- I felt like she was unnecessarily dowdy on ATWT a lot of the time

Oh and I found myself missing Arturo's creepy self.

• Members

So far, I've only been able to see Episode 39 but I will say this:

OLTL is incorporating more of their characters per episode than I've seen on most daytime soaps on Broadcast TV. I expect to see Bo and Nora, Cutter and others in the next episode.

Having all those people gathered in the workout scenes shouldn't work but I enjoyed it. Were they doing that Insanity of PX90 workout or something? Before Téa had those palpitations and nearly passed out, it was a nicely comical scene. Seeing Niki barely working out and cursing the instructor was oddly realistic.tongue.png I used to be a TA for a dance class and when I'd lead a somewhat rigorous warm up and stretch...oh, the dirty looks I'd get and the curses under the breath.laugh.png

Interesting how both OLTL's 39th episode and AMC's 40th featured juxtaposition of characters whose relationships seem to have strikingly similar trajectories. OLTL had Vicki and Clint and Dorian and David coming to an apparent relationship impasse. It left me wondering whether either relationship would be salvaged. Did anyone notice that after David accuse Dorian of behaving like a child, he stomped up the stairs in a huff?

The mention of Downtown Abbey tickled me, I think it was how Vicki kind of referenced it as informing her of aspects of Nigel's culture. It was cute and slightly comical.wink.png I wonder if Clint is going to try to use Nigel as a go between or was this a one-off.

I'm very curious as to what Roger Howarth is thinking about his current stint as Todd. It seems like the storyline is just getting its legs and Todd has been mix of comical and serious but with the exception of the nail polish scene (which I still found funny), he has more understated than what I saw in the 2 years I watched of OLTL on ABC before the end of its broadcast run. JMO, but he's now showing more range and the scenes have more balance. I wonder where they'll go from here, though.

• Members

Trying to give OLTL thread some much needed anniversary week love.

Ep 39 (1 of 2)-

Three's Company- Matthew is all kinds of ridiculous thinking Dani/Michelle are BFFs, stomping away over figuring out her intention to tell him about Michelle's secrets- "I'm telling Michelle to cancel the thank you drink" How Rob Gorrie keeps me from hating him is nothing short of a miracle. Love her putting on the blender to avoid his questions. Interesting that Dani & Matthew have both now cited her "best friend" Destiny as a reason they can't pursue each other- really? best friends? Nice solo Dani/Jeffrey scene- making me wonder why she hasn't even entertained the notion of this roommate over Matthew.

Todd/Blair/Tea- The scene of Todd watching her sleep felt so vintage TnB to me. Loved Tea's reaction to realizing Blair stayed the night/wouldn't leave with her. As much as I love this TnB stuff, I need more urgency in this Todd mystery.

Viki/Clint- Love him telling her the five million is nothing & suggesting she doesn't really want him- that is totally how it feels to me with them this time. I'm liking this much better than Clint groveling and saying he needs Viki to make him better like Viki has never done anything wrong. I think Todd would help Viki save Llanfair or presumably her children who inherited Asa money. Really liked this use of Nigel & how he's getting through to Viki that Clint's money has significance beyond the two of them. Is this office set BE or a the Buch mansion? Anyway, I'm excited to see what trouble Clint will be stirring up now that he doesn't feel accountable to Viki.

Workout class- All of these characters from different stories in one place? For something as mundane as a workout class. LOVE it. JWoww is cracking me up here. Tea's collapse felt out of left field- hoping she's not pregnant. Liked Dean so its a shame he's probably part of the tattoo alliance.

David/Dorian- I have always believed they love each other in their way even when they were ridiculous. But here...I'm just not feeling it from either of them. And I am not here for David's meeting with this dayplayer producer- we only have 23 minutes, let's make em count. The points he's making about being Mr Dorian Lord could be compelling but like I said just not feeling these scenes.

• Members

Dani considering Destiny her best friend would make more sense if they had played that relationship before episode 40. Matthew is certainly not Destiny's best friend.

I was glad how they handled Clint and Viki's break up as really it had to be done. It was crazy how one-sided the relationship has been after the first week or two of episodes. I liked how Nigel was used.

Nikki was hilarious in that class...hope that Tea isn't pregnant either even if I am annoyed still over Victor Jr.

I think they wanted some levity in that episode with the David and the producer scene. The posters in the background were amusing.

• Members

I usually enjoy the hell out of David so I was surprised to be watching the clock during those scenes. Maybe I'll enjoy more on rewatch- I watched it super early in the morning. Excited to get your take.

Ep 40 (2 of 2)

--I liked Marnie's character instantly- she just kind of sparkled from her first line. Liked these slightly quieter David/Dorian scenes much better than ep 39.

--Cutter/Natalie definitely have chemistry but I'm excited to see where it goes from here- we know there's a strong attraction but they don't really know each other that well so exploring that should be good. Loved her slamming the door and pulling her hair down. Could have used a mention of Liam being sound asleep before she rolled all around the living room floor with Cutter but I'm over it.

--Bo & Nora were fun, classic Bo & Nora. At some point though, I want something more for them. I've enjoyed the Nightbird stuff immensely and their interactions with everyone else and think they've been used generally really well. But I do hope they get something substantive of their own- again, not necessarily right away, I'm enjoying them as the light, happy part of a lot of the epsiodes.

--Matthew & Michelle- Not much investment in them as a couple & Matthew came off as a tool all of which is I think what the show intends. I couldn't decide if she was lying on the virgin thing but I'm leaning more toward no now. The crazy eyes in the final scene were good and her whole line about being glad that other girls thought he was a jerk "because now you're mine" was probably some nice foreshadowing. The scenes of Matthew getting her into bed juxtaposed with Dani & Destiny screaming over him worked well.

--Dani/Destiny/Jeffrey- Corbin Bleu's "bitches be crazy" facial expressiosn as they went from chatting to full blown screaming to hugging and swearing eternal loyal friendship were hilarious. I didn't love the argument scene on first watch because Destiny doesn't seem like one to fly off the handle, the best friends angle feels untrue and I wanted Dani to be like the only reason you have his baby is because he couldn't have me so I'l have him again if I want. On rewatch, it worked a little better- Destiny's been carrying this jealousy/anger (unwarranted or not) around since she found Dani straddling him after the peanut butter scene & I can buy that the girls have history & affection even if they're not BFF. She snapped hearing her had a new GF and seeing Dani clearly seething over it. I also thought the scene was telling- Destiny being upset about Matthew was about just that- her feelings for Matthew that still cut very deep whereas with Dani- she's upset about Matt/Michelle but its really more about that she has a whole lot of sh*t going on in general than maybe her actual feelings for him, which I see more as her craving stability/something to hold on to. Kelley delivered her last line about loneliness pitch perfectly and I felt bad for LH having to to toe to toe with her in an argument scene b/c it made her limitations really apparent. Also I hope this leads to Jeffrey being a little more wary about pursuing Destiny or at least having an honest convo with her about her feelings for Matthew- if she's crazy screaming about "that new b*tch he's dating," she's probably not totally done.

---As a TnB fan, I obviously enjoyed the end. But I would have maybe liked to see some of Todd & this dead body- something, anything to add some jeopardy to this plot. That said, the two eps as a whole were kind of a nice break from the tattoo mystery and focused more on the stories I'm actually enjoying.

• Members

Loved the workout scenes and setup too, very unique way to set up different parts of the canvas to interact. Someone needs to make Dean go away, he's just not happening.

Jo Sullivan is awesome, can't wait to see more from her. I really like her, Nikki and Arturo. Thank goodness Dusky seems to have disappeared.

• Members

Episode 39

Dani: "Destiny's noe of my best friends" yet those two haven't had a single one on one scene since the show debuted 2 and a half months ago.

Like that the women are working out together as this was a great way to bring them together, but in a high school class room? Oh boy, I miss Serenity Springs.. Natalie should be hanging around Rama and JWowww or even Tea, not having Destiny as her BFF. Anyways this is something Ive wanted on AMC. Maybe the upcoming party will do that. Too many isolated people/stories.

JWowww "Im going to kill this bitch" laugh.png

LMAO at that guy falling asleep as David talks to him. "Your show didn't pass the snoozefest. You and it are flat out boring" laugh.png SLAYED him

So sad to see Clint and Viki split. I hope Clint buys the house. Viki can try and be mad about that but I think he should do it for their kids and grandchildren. Oh looks like that wont need to happen as I see and am glad she came around and accepted his money as well as apologized.

Dang, how much material did RH tape? Its odd still seeing him looking like Todd when he's been looking a hot blonde mess since May

Episode 40

Destiny needs to sit her ass down. That outburst to Dani felt so over the top. She came across like a psycho and the actress did an awful job. KM acted circles around her. I felt so much for Dani when she said she could kill herself.

Big WTF to no followup to Tea collapsing and going to the hospital

That Michelle is a liar and i dont trust a word she says I dont buy that she's a virgin. Everything she says is a calculated way to manipulate him. I cant tell if she is trying to scam him for his money or if she is just some crazy obsessed with him

I cant with this boring ass Nora nonsense. There is no story here. She and Bo's material has been nothing but filler which adds nothing of value

I like Natalie with Cutter but they need a story as well. They also have alot of scenes but no actual plot to be found

Blair makes the stupid decision to get involved with Todd again. Hope this turns out better for her than the last 57 times.

• Members

Episode 39

Really enjoyed the Clint and Viki scenes. They are giving the performers meaty material and giving each of their characters a point of view. Insightful of Clint to see Viki as putting up this issue with the money as an armor to push him away. When he said all that, it seemed to touch a nerve. OK show, I want to see more of why she's doing this.

I'm not really feeling David and Dorian. Haven't for a long time. I just didn't see much passion to save the relationship. Dorian said this wouldn't be the first time David has cheated on her and David didn't really commit to not doing it again. He just apologized and wanted forgiveness. David doesn't like being Mr. Dorian Lord. I haven't really seen that except when it comes to the reality show. I did laugh at the scene with the producer. He was cold. Yikes! Maybe David has had a lot of rejection in Hollywood that's made him more sensitive to playing second fiddle to Dorian. Who knows? We haven't seen much of that. I do want more of Dorian's point of view aside from the vulnerability of him leaving her for a younger woman. Why is she still with him if he's cheated on her before?

I loved the scenes with the workout class because it involved so many in the cast interacting. Is Tea pregnant? They seemed to focus more on Dean.

Dani/Matt/Jeffrey--I am enjoying them and the complexity they are building in the relationships. I am interested to know more about Jeffrey, though.

• Members

Natalie should've questioned Cutter about one of his Shelter employees Dean the drug dealer (since she saw him deal drugs at Shelter before the blackout occurred, and after Cutter lied to her about not having any illegal activities in the club, and after she saw Dean at her exercise class) after he arrived unannounced at her apartment.

Archived