Y&R: July 2013 Discussion

• Members

Griffith is a keeper, IMO. He's great with character work and he clearly understands and loves the show and its history, which is far more than can be said for his last two predecessors. He may need a co-HW or consultant (preferably someone who has worked on the show before) to help him with plotting.

My only issues with JFP are the change in music and, of course, Dylan. It's not that I particularly dislike him, I'm just indifferent to him. JFP has done plenty of good things for the show like making it more visually appealing, bringing back vets (Walton, Maitland), amping up diversity, and most of her casting choices have been great (Adamson, King, Williams, Sawyer, Ordway, Archey, Morgan). Not to mention the brilliant Jeanne Cooper tribute.

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Kay Alden would be the obvious choice, but Jack Smith would be good too - in the early 2000s he succeeded in modernizing Y&R without straying from what the show has always been about. He did some controversial things like making Jill Katherine's daughter and killing Cassie, but those stories were executed fantastically and drove story for years (especially the Cassie thing). I'd be willing to give Sally Sussman Morina a go too, or even Natalie Minardi Slater.

• Members

Some of Nellie Olsen's crap landed on my TL via RT (gonna have to unfollow some if they can't better select their sh!t), and he was showing his true colors. He was talking about Jill as if she stole something from him. Because MS is leaving, YR is a sinking ship. Jill is a monster and other choice words. He is bitter, and I seriously doubt it has anything to do with Jill's creative decisions.

I have not watched YR in a while, and I have no desire to. However, I will be watching the last eppy of the Devil Bitch From Hell! Air date anyone?

• Members

Ha, Phyllis and Nick having such a personal conversation with the receptionist RIGHT there just type-type-typing away.

Fenmore's wig looks much better on my great aunt. He's just asking for his forehead to break out.

Aww, Cassie...

Archived