AMC: Wednesday June 5, 2013 Episode Discussion

• Members

I do too. I love the dynamics they have right now. It's been great.

I really was not into Dixie hammering on and on about JR there in the beginning, but it's just odd they really haven't had scenes since he's come out of his coma. And AJ rarely interacts with her. I sensed tension so I would love to see them explore it more. But there's time.

I think they've overall done a fabulous job with AMC.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't need to see Dixie coddling JR, but her absence from any of what's happened with JR or AJ since Bianca told JR off is a little baffling to me. I think that having her there would make sense, even just for an episode or two, especially if she clashes with Brooke.

• Members

I really havent been a fan of Dixie and Tad since the early 00s but I think she needs him around. She seems lost and isolated. Since she is one of the few Cortlandt's around, I really wish they had had her living in Cortlandt manor with Opal. I wouldnt mind seeing her interact with Petey who is her cousin and practically brother in law. As it stands, it doesnt seem as if they know who they want Dixie to be as she has weak ties and relationships with the other characters that seem to come and go. The character seems ill defined

• Members

I don't think Dixie would need him if they built up the changes she's been through and her relationships with other people. I've been very relieved at not having Tad on AMC, because I was very put off by his relationships with characters like Joe and David and have been for a long time, and I think the character just drags people down, but Dixie just seems like they wanted the actress but don't know what to do with the character.

• Members

Personally I think that Dixie's being shackled to Tad has been bad for both characters but especially for her. IMO, Tad's being gone is the best thing that could happen to her. The challenge now is to develop her. The show hasn't done a good job of that so far. At first she was all about JR but she's been pretty much MIA since he woke up. She's also been a lousy friend to Jesse and Angie up until Cass came home which was a missed opportunity. I will say that I thought her fight with David was good and making them enemies is a smart move for both characters. If it was up to me, we'd see more of Dixie at work preferably with patients other than Cassandra. I remember her stint as a patient advocate. I thought it was a good turn for the character. I'd also like for her to deal with Billy Clyde on her own. Instead of running to Joe or Jesse. It's time for Dixie to handle her business.

Archived