Y&R: June 2013 Discussion Thread

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You are right. That was awfully narrow minded. I just didn't know, not an excuse for ignorant comments, however. My apologies.

Back to the God at hand. I didn't think Daytime would ever find an answer to Shemar Moore, but I could be wrong. This guy is unbelievable!!!!!

• Members

Y&R's version of B&B's Ridge and Bridget.....

They were worse though, since Ridge actually believed he was Bridget's father for several years. But on the other hand they never went further than kissing, and it's possible that Phyllis and Kyle will.....

• Members

Tjhe Phyllis/Kyle kiss as nasty as it was has been done before on soaps, heck Jack kissed AH's Vicki when she arrived back in GC. And it no way tops the 3 way WTD, Shictor or Shadam, Sharon used to babysit Adam back in the day LOL!

• Members

Yeah. I thought that he came out YEARS ago. Even if he didn't formally come out, he was out. At this point, I feel it's sort of odd that gay people are supposed to come out formally like debutantes. Our culture is so odd. Maybe with DOMA struck down we are on the edge of normalcy.

• Members

This is the main genre that for whatever reason seems to have very, very few openly gay actors out to the public, and sometimes that does make me pause, because I wonder if they are forced to stay quiet.

We live in an era where actors tweet endlessly about their personal lives, and invite fans to identity with them or know them as something beyond the character they play. So if an actor in soaps comes out this way, so matter-of-factly, I think that's great, and I think it's a positive step forward, because what it says is that coming out is everyday, it's just like anything else. That's something which has almost never happened with daytime actors. I don't think people should have to come out, but if someone does, especially in such a low-key way, then I think it's good.

Archived