Y&R: June 2013 Discussion Thread

• Members

I don't think CK is going anywhere despite my wishes. I think it is taking so long because once they do the deed, there is no where else for the story to go.

I won't lie...Hilary is what I expect a child of Dru and Neil's to be like...

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, but you kind of do when you are portraying a heterosexual. That said, I've seen GR bring the heat once or twice. I remember an elevator sex scene where I thought he did well. Part of the problem is that they don't really write sex scenes for him or even romance scenes. He played a good psycho. I always thought he would have been a good Todd Manning type character. If they were going to keep him, they should have written to his strengths. I kind of think they should have let him go and he might have landed a better role down the line. Guess we'll never know now.

• Members

I understand his history, and that has all been basically ignored, much like Kevins.

Kay, Dru, Tucker and Ashley are rather ignored in general. He is only played up as Niels son and Lilys brother. Kevin is connected to Michael, Lauren, Fen, and used with Chloe and others to prop them up. Dont get me wrong,. Devon can basically be in any Kevin story, im not trying to argue Kevin is more important by any means, but he has a lot more current connections on canvas and he isnt exactly played as a leading man, he is a mid level supporting player at best 99% of the time. Kevin actually should have been written out years and years ago.

Im not sure of the emmy correlation to screen time tho, do emmy winners on Y&R typically get more screentime after their win?

• Members

Unfortunately, I agree about CK and Hilary. The actress playing Hilary should have been a Lily recast. As for CK, who on earth would hire her other than a soap? She is a wet rag with no talent. For the all the criticism of Bryton, unlike CK he has actually gotten nice guest prime time jigs outside. I have no clue why he did not leave years ago. He must like the steady money.

As for Tyler and Lily, I don't think that they are taking long if the plan is to make them a real couple, but we'll see. What I don't buy is that Tyler would be celibate while drooling over Lily. I would expect him to be dating or in a steady relationship with another woman.

• Members

uh.................yrsh.........Sony still owns Y&R right,,,,,,,,,then I dont see Rowell returning. The rumors prolly got started cause Stafford is leaving; even tho Bergman and Jhalil are still on the show and I dont see them goin anywhere LOL!

Archived