GH Guza Years Thread

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Johnny Z was a BADASS MOFO w/a REAL HEART OF GOLD! Brandon B was dynamite in the role from the start. Guza didn't know what to do with him after he broke up w/Lulu (HUGE MISTAKE!), and especially after 'Liv. He was just floundering until Garin took over and sort of revitalized the character. Then Veronica came along -____- f-cked everything up.

But I seriously loved all the Z's. They were flawlessly cast. Their vibe, banter, family history, everything; I was fascinated by all of it. I only wish Domenica Zacchara had surfaced at some point.

• Members

He isn't known as Showkiller Guza for no reason.

Even when Riche was able to exert some control over him, the show was darker than it had to be and we need look no further than Elizabeth's rape story being taken over by Luke and Lucky (who Guza lost no time in turning into a misogynistic !@#$%^&*]) to see the writing on the wall. I went back to GL during Guza's first stint.

McTavish was awful in her own right, but Guza was far worse both before and after her. And RC may be awful, but I still don't want Guza back.

And for the record, I hate Johnny Zacchara, as I hated every mob element that ate a show called GENERAL HOSPITAL during Showkiller Guza's reign of terror.

• Members

In retrospect, whether people want to admit it or not, a lot of the stuff Guza gets blamed for was started by Claire Labine, Guza just took it to another level.

Namely the Sonny worship, mob shootouts, the idea to have Jason turn loose him memory and turn against the Quartermaine's, etc. All of that either happened before Guza's first stint or were on their way there.

• Members

Sorry but no. The material I've seen penned by Claire Labine, Sonny was NOT worshipped. He was pariah, which he still should be. Everyone on the canvas saw him as an unsavory character with the exception of Stone, Luke, Brenda, Lois, & Robin. Otherwise, everyone else thought that Sonny was a low life and wanted nothing to do with him. And Claire might've penned Jason loosing his memory but it was Guza who made it worse. It was Guza who made Jason a robotic-type character. I can assure you that had Claire been writing the show till now, Jason would've probably reverted back to being Jason Q regardless if Steve Burton liked it or not.

• Members

THIS. I started back in 1978 and the thought that the dreck from 2008 was GH 'at it's best' is just horrifying. It never would've been ABC's crown jewel of 'love in the afternoon' and constantly #1 with people scheduling classes around it if that garbage aired back then.

Guza's a bitter Gloria hater. He had it in for the Alan Jr character because he was the prize of Dr Love Quad of Alan, Monica, Rick and Lesley - the story that brought GH to #1 for the first time. He spit all over everything from that story. Then TRIES to rip it off decades later with the Godawful GVLucky,Liz,Jason and Sam 'quad' Right down to attempting the beats and ripped off some the lines verbatim 'It was just a beautiful dream.' Liz you're no Monica.

Hates the Quartermaines Gloria's premier family so turns them into a vaudeville joke and then kills them off one by one save Monica. He needed a Jason worshiper to continue on. GAG My beloved Monica reduced to worshiping the bastard she hated at the expense of her beloved Alan Jr who suddenly she had no caring for. Made me sick.

Hated she came up with Luke and Laura so he 'dismantled' them and passed it off as some 'genius' idea he had. Tried to turn Carly into his other 'Monica.' Sonny, Jason the 'good men soldiers' and the old braveandstrongandloveswithherwholeheart Carly on every single day with everyone else as windowdressing to show up once and while and 'lose' to show how great they are.

Guza and Ron are both egocentric, hacks that belong nowhere near daytime tv. Don't want either. But I will say that Ron and Frank are the ones that pushed me into NEVER watching again. Even hearing about a glorified cameo for my beloved Denise Alexander or more airtime for Monica with my favorite Alan Jr SK won't make me tune in again. I'm an Anna/Finola nut and you couldn't pay me to watch Craptini drivel.

Archived