AMC: Wednesday, May 22, 2013 Episode Discussion

• Members

I don't see that happening unless 1.) the gap gets much, much wider, 2.) stays that way consistently and 3.) PP has something else they want to try (Welcome back Generations! tongue.png )

We don't know that AMC is getting that many more views. If AMC is getting 100,000 views and OLTL is getting, say 95,000. They're practically neck and neck. If two other shows are getting 96,000 and 97,000 views then the rankings would look like: AMC, Show X, Show Y, OLTL. That would make it look like OLTL is much lower when it really isn't.

As for AMC being the more talked about, if you're talking about this board I think a lot of that is coming from the ongoing tug of war over Jesse/Angie/David which I willingly admit I LOVE. After years of ABC telling us that Greenlee and Kendall were the epitome of womanhood in PV, I adore the fact that the fan war that seems to be taking shape is one over Angie Hubbard. I only rarely pop into the OLTL threads but the only consistent fighting I've seen has been about Todd vs Victor but that's hardly new. Everybody else seems to just be enjoying the show.

I'll admit that I've been surprised to AMC consistently in the lead. I expected that AMC and OLTL would switch back and forth randomly.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I wouldn't have Scott/Madison together.. maybe they broke up over the 5 year time jump.. but are friends. I just think Madison would have worked in a supporting sense due to her past with abuse plus her ties with the Hubbards (not all positive, that I can recall).

• Members

Agree- we were misled by the photo shoot as to what Celia would be like. Maybe in time, they'll mix her up more. I don't think JLP is awful, just green, written poorly and not introduced.

I liked Scott/Madison but their happy little ending was cute and I'm not sure what's left for them especially given 2 eps only a week. Maybe we could get a better read on that if they popped up initially just for Brooke/Adam's wedding or something.

• Members

maybe explain how Frankie and her got close. laugh.png Pissing off Scott. But it's too early for that. Plus you want people pay attention to the vets first and the new school kids.

That has me so pissed. And Eric has chemistry w/ JLP, Celia being a vixen tease would have been amazing. Sort of like AJ's version of what Annie was to JR. She was incredibly poorly introduced into this Petey is her OTP, my god she eats apples off the concrete rolleyes.gif I think Petey would be perfect in between Colby and Cassandra. Assuming they move him from Celia.

What I hate is that the only place to go w/ Celia is make her crazy.

It was over. It was written fairy tale like and it wasn't that. If ABC had it's head straight and Fronns would have had Cam's penis up his ass it should have been Ryan and Madison or Ryan, Madison, Frankie. Or here's a wide idea, Madison playing all 3 b/c she really was nuts.laugh.png

• Members

I THINK I get the logic behind the constant use of the word "guardian." It's so we get intrigued as to who her "guardian" is that we just HAVE to know his (or her) identity. Sort of like when Quint and Mrs. Renfield kept referring to "The Great Man" early in their run on GUIDING LIGHT.

• Members

Yup, I liked Frankie/Madison together.. They were the 21st century Jenny/Jesse.. and Randi and Ryan could have been jealous of the friendship..

Plus, if the writers/TPTB actually looked at chemistry... I would have had Greenlee/Griffin become a couple.. that would have angered David..since he still had an obsession/yearning for Greenlee at the time.

• Members

Agreed. I also think that PP really needs both shows to form some sort of presence---that's the real reason I think that they picked both up and not just one or the other. I agree the only way one would be dropped (rather than both together or neither) would be if they had something else similar in the wings or if the gap got way way larger.

• Members

I get your point. But while we can legitimately argue if it's being written well enough or not at this point, I think they are going for an old-fashioned gothic vibe. Celia grew up probably being told to call him her guardian, and regardless she's meant to come off as a little off like she's been trapped in another era. (I do wonder how the prostitutes at the Miranda Center put up with her naivety without just slapping her face.)

• Members
I know. I know, trust me I know. That's what's frustrating about her.

And that's the first thing I thought. You hear her, see her actions, if you're a hoe from the streets, or just been raped or have boyfriend issues, you really taking [!@#$%^&*] Celia's advice?

Archived