AMC: Wednesday, May 22, 2013 Episode Discussion

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

IMO, she's been out since day one...

• Her fixation on Hunter
  • Her braless fashion show where AJ helped her into her jeans
  • The way she blamed Bianca for being gay then threw her out of the room in a screaming fit
  • Then apologized for it the next day
  • Telling her mom to "get over" the fact that JR murdered Marissa
  • Choosing AJ over her mother

Erica's already in the house. She's just calling herself Miranda.

• Members

Hunter is horrible.

And, so is the kid that said "ass muscle" and gave AJ steroids. laugh.png

Why the hell are they doing this to AJ if they really go there. And, if they do go there. Can AJ please go roid rage on his dad.

Celia's dream was freaky. That kid's eyes were blacked out. What the hell?

• Members

Agreed, which is why I really want to see Erica and Miranda interact to see if they get along fabulously or if they're at each other's throats because they're so much alike. I think it may end up being a little bit of both.

• Members

I agree here. PP does need certain elements of the ABC 2000 era to "form some presence" for continuity sake. Soap Net is currently airing AMC and so there does seem to be gaps/holes with the new AMC and the show that is still airing from Soap Net. I watch the Soap Net show and there are key elements missing. AMC still has not tied up enough loose ends to appease some fanbases out there (Rylee and Zendall) to bring them into the online show to satisfy them.

• Members

Rylee were happily together raising Emma until Annie recovered. Their story was over, so I didn't see the need for them to be on the show nor mentioned.

Zendall broke up, but hopefully they will reunite once the two work out their issues (and they don't proceed to over eat the limited airtime).

• Members

Agree the Hunter actor got worse. Liked Celia's spooky dream but still don't care enough about the character to find out who her guardian is. Understand her use of "guardian" given her situation, but also think the uniqueness of her situation is part of what makes her story so bad and unrelatable, her dialogue so other country/other time/other planet.

The whole interaction with Billy Clyde Tuggle did nothing but confuse me. Why would Jesse just be mad and tell Billy Clyde not to come back until he has solid proof? He should at least try to give the guy some pointers about what to look for if he wants help locating Cassandra.

Laughably ridiculous that Uri and Vlad did not realize until now that Cassandra isn't French (can perhaps concede they would not know that Cassandra's dad is the police chief, although I would think they would do some more research on who they were targeting). I am legitimately scared for Cassandra though now that she is "liability."

Steroid story looks like it will just last one episode (good it will be short -- like most stories on this show, on the evidence of its first day would not have been handled with any depth) since JR finds the stuff next episode. Agree the other guy on the baseball team was a bad actor.

JR and Cara could be good in concept, but again, I do not feel any investment in them. They just seem thrown together because they're there. It's like Jill Larson said in her interview recently when praising the slowdown in production, the writing on this show to now has largely been rushed, throw stuff against the wall and see what sticks -- and it shows.

I felt some sadness from JR being barred from the meeting by Brooke, and Brooke reluctantly telling him he had to figure it out with Adam. Probably the most emotionally resonant moment of the episode for me aside from being worried for Cassandra at the end.

Glad Opal was not anti-Celia until Evelyn started in on Petey. The preview had misled me.

Agree with whoever said this episode was missing David. David is still the main character who can elevate this show above its unrelatable, formulaic, throw-people-together-and-see-what-sticks tedium and can make me forget its mediocre young actors.

So glad Marlene McPherson is gone ... Chip Hayes is the worst scriptwriter though and I think he wrote this episode, so I'm hoping he has a better feel for story than he does for scripts.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Finally watching this...

Celia's dream was genuinely frightening - the little girl with the black eyes was very Supernatural. Great way to start an episode. Unfortunately all of the reactions to the nightmare felt fake, from Pete coming out with a quip as soon as Celia woke up, to Celia getting over it almost immediately. I just don't buy these characters.

Nice to see Francesca James and Jill Larson having something to sink their teeth into.

I didn't see any real point in Billy Clyde visiting the Hubbards, but I did enjoy Angie's reaction. I keep forgetting Angie was even in town when he kidnapped Dixie. The woman who plays his main hooker is pretty good. Billy Clyde's Bible verses remind me of Dot on Eastenders.

The awkward scene with Miranda and AJ about the kiss was very believable. Their scenes at the high school all felt like an After-School Special from 1994. The steroid friend has that "look" which will probably get him cast in bigger roles. I wonder if we'll see him again on here. Hunter continues to be strange. The actor had this aura of, "I can't believe it! I finished all my lines! I did it!!!" when he was walking away.

If JR is still JR, he's going to start beating someone with that cane soon.

• Members

LOL Dot Cotton would be affronted to hear herself compared to a pimp. I did like the use of the religious stuff with Billy Clyde, especially the devotion bordering on religious fanaticism of the church friend who he donates to who we saw in the first episode and then was in the demonstration.

• Members

Thanks for reading all that crap. My reviews may sound somewhat harsh but for the most part I enjoy every episode. I just don't connect to the stories. I mostly have strong emotional connections with some of the characters.

Archived