The Young and The Restless Shocker: - Actress Leaving

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This is Sony, not JFP, I'm guessing. JFP had the guts to address it, which MAB would likely not, but Sony are probably the ones calling the shots here. For years Phyllis was popular enough to warrant all the controversy. Things change. And this industry is far less supportive of controversial women than they are men, especially once they hit 40, 45.

I think Stafford could carve out a decent primetime guest career if she plays her cards right. Phyllis was just damaging for everyone involved at this point. I only wish that the show would be as willing to get rid of others, some of whom are just huge wastes of space.

• Members

First, drinks on the house for all parties instrumental in Stafford's departure. I am still part-tying! Second, it was likely a combo of JFP and Sony. Under JFP, at her age, Stafford was never going to be a leading lady and the pairing with JM was not happening. JFP mentioned Sony's budget cut demands when she and JG came on so no doubt Sony was more than happy to get rid of Stafford's high salary when the opportunity arose. I fully expect that Sharon Case will be the next woman to feel the squeeze.

• Members

Trying to get a band together on Twitter for the celebration. No takers just yet. I'll keep at it.

As for Sharon Case? I've wanted nothing more but the death of that character the moment she began lusting after her child's kidnapper! Filth!

• Members

I think dumping Sharon Case would be very, very stupid. Any half-sane soap (out West, at least) could and would snap her up. I'm not entirely sure there are any left that are half-sane for long enough to make that happen. I'm sure GH is looking for a 49th contract cast member, though. Just keep cutting Genie Francis's guarantee, right?

• Members

Sharon basically became a mattress 3-4 years ago and nothing seems to have changed this. GH already has several women who fill this role, who don't seem to have died inside the way Case has in recent years, so I don't see that happening.

I doubt she's going anywhere, as she is still heavy in story and is generally known as a team player, aside from all the Shadam cheerleading.

• Members

But I noticed that Sharon has been pushed to the outside of the pentangle. She is no longer interacting with Dylan who like Adam is focused on Chelsea, while Avery and Nick look on jealously. So where is Sharon's love interest in all of this? Of course, this can always change as Dylan and/or Nick will need somewhere to land once Avery decides between them. However, Case's contract demands will likely decide her fate.

• Members

Really? Horrified? Really? Let's review: Did they let Michelle Stafford walk, or did they, I don't know, reanimate Jeanne Cooper's remains and make them play scenes as Katherine?

• Members

If MS weren't so hung up on her high school fantasy of screwing the quarterback (Josh Morrow) maybe she wouldn't have been so ready to leave. Her obsession with a pairing that was never anything more than sex is just bewildering.

Archived