The Young and The Restless Shocker: - Actress Leaving

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LOL, if I can't be honest on this board, where I have posted for years, and with a computer screen for protection, then when can I be honest?

I edited a small portion out of my previous post and that is to say that I think Phyllis and Michelle Stafford are practically one and the same in Ms's mind, too (I deleted it because I felt I was reaching here -- I have no evidence to back this up, it is just a feeling I have). As far as MS is concerned, some of her "Like, OMG you guys! Rad!" persona off screen rubs me the wrong way, and I'm not quite sure why. Maybe because I feel like it's a little fake, a little put-on. Though I am willing to concede that if we met IRL, I'd probably leave thinking we are now BFFs and she was amazing. I know that if I met Laura Wright IRL, my view on her Carly might change.

My issue with MS has always been the backstage politicking, to the detriment of the show. And while I don't think MS is in the writing room dictating what goes on the page, I think she can leverage her popularity like any smart actor in this game can and benefit from it when it suits her. Y&R lets this [!@#$%^&*] happen.

I'll admit, the 'religion' to which she subscribes sets warning bells in my head. Sorry, I'm usually a live-and-let-live person when it comes to personal things like that but I can't get past the person/people running that organization.

And spitting on VR is unconscionable. A firing offense in ANY workplace. Can you imagine if any one of us pulled this ish at, say, a local acting class we were attending in our neighborhood? Or, god forbid, spitting on your co-worker at work?! And that co-worker going to upper management and saying 'I am not OK with this behavior' and Upper Mgmt saying 'Well, if you don't like it, the door's over there. We value Spitting Co-Worker and her work here!' The more I think about it, the more wound up I get about it. But I have to admit that there is an opposing emotion in me when I watch Phyllis -- maybe because of this reputation MS drags behind her -- and I am kind of compelled to watch.

Archived