The Young and The Restless Shocker: - Actress Leaving

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm not sure that's such a great idea. There's a reason they run so many anti depression meds during daytime TV and a reason soaps very rarely use suicide as a plot device.

I can't even remember a long term character ever killing themselves. Just because daytime could go there doesn't mean they should. I'd much rather see more chances taken with sex scenes than death.

• Members

I do think Y&R will be slightly less... dynamic without Phyllis stirring [!@#$%^&*] up. Even though the idea of Christine running her down with a second-hand Subaru or Drucilla drop-kicking her ass off a purple CGI cliff appeals so, so much.

Like I said, I loved to hate her and the actress's tics, mannerisms and backstage chicanery. Still, I can't deny that when she was on my screen, I couldn't take my eyes off her. She made me pay attention.

I don't think they should recast and at this point, I don't think they can. Michelle Stafford *IS* Phyllis in my mind's eye and most everybody else's.

• Members

Cat, love your honesty. I really don't have too much of a problem with Phyllis as much as I do with MS. I think she is great [and I used to be a huge fan of the character] but sometimes, she does make the wrong acting choices. But who doesn't?

My problem is strictly with MS! You can do all of the backstage crap you want, but when you fix your mouth to spit in someone's face and hide behind the craft???!!!!!!!!! Not sure where VR is with this, the staff, other actors, fans, stans, but this is something I will never forget. Don't care that it was VR or the trash collector. Spitting in someone's face severely reduces that person, IMHO. I will never get over that, especially since the bitch never paid for it. Until someone asks for it, you keep your body fluids to yourself! Too humiliate someone that way is heartbreaking, and it told me that playing Phyllis is not much of a stretch for this POS. I don't care to watch people play themselves!

I will watch the day this filthy bitch leaves the show and celebrate afterwards!

Archived