The Young and The Restless Shocker: - Actress Leaving

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think this is what it is. I can totally see Michelle complaining about going from dominating Y&R and being involved in everything, which drove fans away in masses, to her character being back supporting (what she always should've been IMO) and Michelle not liking. If Jill didn't bend to her, this might be the ONE time me and JFP are on the same page. Chunk them deuces and keep it moving. Girlfriend will be back in a few years after she grows tired of not working and doing Lifetime & Hallmark movies.

• Members

I agree with you on just about all of it.

The actress seems talented but also appears to have a tremendous ego. This is just the perception that I get, personally. I'm not speaking for anyone else.

This the reason why I mentioned in an earlier post that I thought Phyllis' time with Nick should've been a ONS with repercussions. All attempts to make them this sweeping supercouple fell flat and to me, it just looks like MS let the aspect of her character getting with a 'hot guy' go to her head as if it were some indication of her appeal/popularity. So when the coupling was taken away, and her time onscreen reduced, she may equate this with a sense of diminished importance.

There are those actors who can take a few minutes onscreen and make it everything and do it with great pride and humility, MS does not strike me as one of those actors. She has mainly had big storylines during her time on this show, even if some were not well written ones, and it seems that big storylines are what she's used to. She wants to be leading lady and not supporting.

In an ensemble show though, everyone has to face the possibility that they can rotate between leading and supporting at any given time, at least this is how it should work with an ensemble show.

Honestly, I'm fine with her exiting.

Even in her last go round with Nick, that didn't seem to work and there seemed to be nothing left to explore with that relationship. I guess that extends to the character now as well.

• Members

I am with Carl on Jill. For all her multitude of sins - including several at Y&R, though the show is now at least blandly serviceable to watch - Jill does have an iron will on certain things. Including [!@#$%^&*] with people when she feels like it. Often wrongly, but sometimes rightly.

If this is not a done deal then I think Stafford is trying to secure more story and character control. She's not gonna get it from Jill Farren Phelps, since she is not a friend of Jill's from ABC or NBC. And she shouldn't, because I think all this is the most interesting stuff I've ever heard of Phyllis doing or being involved in in years.

• Members

I said years ago, that since Phyllis has been an emotionally unstable character.. a dramatic exit, such as a suicide, would drive story for YEARS. But she has so many obsessed fans, they'll never do it for fear her sycophantic fanbase will off themselves as well. I've not really seen them HERE... but on the Sony boards, there were some DOOZIES.

Archived