PP: AMC & OLTL to air twice weekly

• Members

SMMFH. Are some of y'all serious? Some of you are about to quit watching altogether b/c their giving you want YOU want with something so small such as them bumping down to two episodes a week possibly for now?

Then if that's the case then cancel both damn shows.

Sometimes I am embarrassed to be a soap fan. We are TOO entitled sometimes, hence why we always end up with the short end of the stick.

If there was a chance that they brought back World Turns, Another World, Guiding Light, even if it was one 30 minute episode a week, I'd take it than nothing at all.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think they should have just not brought them back. It'd be much easier to swallow than this obvious bait and switch.

There will probably be a press release next month saying the programs aren't bringing viewers so they're cancelling.

Glad I'm getting out now.

• Members

I mean you all realize they have written and even produced 3-5 weeks of AMC prolly less of Oltl but for AMC those 3-5 weeks are gonna be rather slow moving but its actually gonna take 2 months to get through the episodes LMAO. No thanks.

• Members

I just don't understand how the reaction to any kind of programming change is to stop watching two soaps that just came back from the dead. That seems to me to just be looking for an excuse to validate a personal POV. I'm sure there are a handful of idiots on FB who think they can use this to teach ABC a lesson and make them put it back on teevee instead of ABC Daytime's online arm, Hula.net.

A lot of people expected GH to be dead when it made a timeslot change after decades but it is now probably safe through to next fall at least.

• Members

So AMC now has episodes in the can to air through...late September? All of which were written under the assumption of 4 days/week airing. Not good.

At least OLTL can maybe make changes to the scripts it's about to produce.

I wonder if FX Canada is going to stop airing the shows.

• Members

I am one of the PP diehards. I have been in the trenches defending them and touting them as the future of soaps. But, I see this for what it is -- it's just like when shows have budget cuts and complete overhauls before the ax swings. I was heartsick when these shows got cancelled the first time. I will NOT put myself through that again. Better to get out now while the alarms are ringing than to wait for the tornado to hit.

• Members

What is AMC taped its 4th of July episode will it air in August? I can understand people who have computers who signed up for Hulu Plus backing out of it if they were only using it for AMC and OLTL.

• Members

This makes me sad. I really wanted these shows to succeed for the people that are enjoying them (I, unfortunately, am not). My only hope is that this decision will improve the quality of both shows.

• Members

After all the hype and Red Carpet excitement, I thought that things would work out just fine. I am worried a little here. Yes, I would go along with a 1 hour weekly show for both OLTL and AMC. What are the numbers saying? Has the cast been notified of their reduced schedule? I have a very uneasy feeling.

Archived