The Blacklist: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

THE BLACKLIST

For decades, ex-government agent Raymond “Red” Reddington (James Spader, “The Office,” “Boston Legal”) has been one of the FBI’s Most Wanted fugitives. Brokering shadowy deals for criminals across the globe, Red was known by many as “The Concierge of Crime.” Now, he’s mysteriously surrendered to the FBI with an explosive offer: He will help catch a long-thought-dead terrorist, Ranko Zamani, under the condition that he speaks only to Elizabeth “Liz” Keen (Megan Boone, “Law & Order: Los Angeles”), an FBI profiler fresh out of Quantico. For Liz, it’s going to be one hell of a first day on the job. What follows is a twisting series of events as the race to stop a terrorist begins. What are Red’s true intentions? Why has he chosen Liz, a woman with whom he seemingly has no connection? Does Liz have secrets of her own? Zamani, we come to find out, is only the first of many on a list that Red has compiled over the years: a “blacklist” of politicians, mobsters, spies and international terrorists. He will help catch them all… with the caveat that Liz continues to work as his partner. Red will teach Liz to think like a criminal and “see the bigger picture”… whether she wants to or not. Also starring are Diego Klattenhoff (“Homeland”), Harry Lennix (“Man of Steel”), Ryan Eggold (“90210”) and Ilfenesh Hadera (“Da Brick”).

Writer Jon Bokenkamp (“The Call,” “Taking Lives”), John Eisendrath (“Alias”), John Davis (“Gulliver’s Travels,” “Predator”) and John Fox serve as executive producers. The pilot was directed by Joe Carnahan (“The A-Team,” “The Grey”). “The Blacklist” is a production of Sony Pictures Television and Davis Entertainment.

• Administrator

I love James Spader too and this looks like a meaty role for him. Megan Boone looks hot in this. The only thing that scares me off is that it's a procedure but I'll give it a shot.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Members

Did anyone else watch? I really dug it! And Toups, it didn't have that sterile procedural feel to it at all as it relies very heavily on Keen's emotional life. Antoyne, it certainly has a Silence of the Lambs-like relationship between the two leads, but far less creepy. I hope they can sustain what they've got going this early on.

• Administrator

I really thought the pilot was great too. James Spader is always fun to watch.

So far so good but it's only one episode. I hope the show doesn't rely too much on the CBS-style-procedures - if that happens, I will probably drop the show.

• Members

That was a really fun, thrilling pilot. Loved both Reddington and Liz. The bridge scene was very exciting. Interesting that the husband has a secret. I am intrigued to watch more, although I hope it's not going to be a self-contained story each episode with very little continuing storylines.

Archived