Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: Discussion Thread

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

A decent enough episode. I actually felt something for the woman targeted by the ghost. I've had very little emotional investment in the "cases" so this was a welcome change.

Hooking up May and Ward was a good move. Ward needed something to make him interesting and May makes everyone around her more interesting.

Maybe this is just my geek spiral in action but I'm pretty sure that the house where whatshername lived is the same set they used in the second X-Men movie to serve as the home of Bobby Drake. It had the same angry mob outside and the same runaway police car.

Skye is still the show's weakest link.

• Members

I agree that the woman's despair was moving. Too bad Skye had to be the one to "friend" her.

Putting Ward with May was a surprise to me since most everything on the show sucks. Who knew they had it in them to make a good decision? If they build on that relationship and give it some complexity rather than sending him to horrible Skye, there would something interesting.

Skye, just dire. The writers clearly love her, but the actress, the characterization, and the writing revolving around her is dreadful. I think that she is the worse leading lady on tv at the moment. Next the two horrible scientists. All three need to go. I am only keeping Ward because of May.

The showrunner and casting director needs to be fired and replaced along with Skye and the two scientists. They need a superhero as a regular. ABC and Disney/Marvel need to do something drastic to fix this show.

• Members

X-2 was filmed all on Vancouver Island and Vancouver. For some reason I assumed SHIELD was filmed in the US, but so many American shows are filmed in Van, that I could be wrong. (I was an extra in the Xaviar Academy which was Hatley Castle here in Victoria on Van Island -- they use it for Arrow as well..)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

It just occurred to me that May could be Skye, the crying girl's mother. It would work since the actress playing Skye is ethnically half-Chinese and Ming Na is ethnically Chinese.

J. Augustus Richards has not aged well, but he is solid in this role.

Well, I suppose it is good that they went for a cliffhanger for the winter season finale, but this show is still not good.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

I actually really enjoyed last night's ep. I thought the reveal was kinda boring but that was my only issue with it. I am glad that May was just playing Agent Hand so that she could get Skye out of the bus to do what she does best. I also really liked Skye being the one to find Coulson and help comfort him. That was a rather touching scene I thought.

I will admit that I was shocked to see that Mike was still alive. Although I have a feeling that I shouldn't be since this is Centipede were talking about. It was good to have the show back.

• Members

I was glad things are finally moving. But I feel like that will slow again. And really, we didn't even find out anything. Coulson was cured by super doctors and was dead a long time and they wanted to give him a will to live by making him think he was in Tahiti. Fine. He goes to the doctor DEMANDING answers and gets an even vaguer answer and leaves. Umm ok.

I admit, I enjoyed watching the episode despite myself--but I can't call it good or anything just more nejoyable than a bunch of the last episodes. May's going to be Skye's mom (or relative) right?

And there were so many lazy moments. SHIELD is this secretive agency yet they have no issue flashing their symbol on countless of computers in a net cafe? Wha? And THEN smart Skye trying to find a super random rich guy and not being able to use the internet walks out to a magazine stand (cuz there are so many of those nowadays, but anyway) grabs random money magazine, flips right to his picture, then suddenly we see she has instantly found his business where he instantly jumps out of his car, and there's a busy valet who doesn't ask him to turn off his car and give him the keys but is just too busy so he doesn't even notice Skye slipping in or wonder what happened to the car. WHA?

• Members

I actually agree with you Eric, for weeks now I've been thinking that May is either her mom or aunt. I mean she can't be that gung ho to keep the fact that she dropped Skye off at an orphanage for any other reason. But I still believe that they might pull a fast one.

I remember reading that people think one or both of Skye's parents might be a Marvel villain... that could be interesting.

• Members

I enjoyed this week's episode a lot. I liked seeing The Academy and getting a little bit more of Fitz-Simmons. I like them in their element. Interesting that Skye is indeed an 0-8-4. I wonder if she'll let the rest of the team know about what Coulson told her. I really liked what he said to May after he gave Skye the bad news and then him comforting her a little as they strapped in.

May telling Coulson about her and Ward was funny.

Interested in seeing where this goes.

Archived