Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: Discussion Thread

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Ahhhhhh! Last night was super intense! Poor Skye, she just didn't want anything even worse to happen to Mike. I wonder under whose orders did Quinn kill Skye. I know that he was probably still peeved at her for infiltrating his shindig way back when but I did not expect that.

He had me rolling when he told Coulson that he shouldn't send her off on her own when she means so much to him. I wonder if we'll learn more about Skye being whatever she is.

I was mad confused at first with the story repeatedly going back with different POVs but it all worked out. I just love May, a woman after my own heart.

• Members

I seriously do not understand this love for Skye that the writers have and every character apparently must share. It is ridiculous.

i am surprised that they did not make Ward fall in love with Skye too. No doubt that is coming. May is outstanding and too good for him anyway.

So Mike has that Deathlok technology.

• Members

I really don't think that's how they did that st all, from jump Fitz-Simmons liked her. It took Ward awhile because he didn't really trust her because she hacked into S.H.I.E.L.D. and then when he started to she lied to them to help her boyfriend.

She and Coulson have a bond that I adore and May is the only one that goes off/on with her which I could understand when you go back to early on in the series and May saying when someone breaks into her home she doesn't invite them to stay for dinner.

But I felt bad for her nevertheless, still wanna know who ordered him to do that. Ma6be it was the Rising Tide or whatever.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Not watching but the ratings were awfffffful this week. Didn't even hit 5 million, even though I've heard nothing but praise about the episode.

I've wanted to watch it and I'm sure because Disney owns Marvel, ABC will probably give it another season.

They should move it to Fri's at 9 because it's not leading the night anymore. Why does ABC suck so much at scheduling? I've seen so many good shows go down the toilet because of it.

• Members

Moving to Fridays would probably sink it even more.

It's a show that had no purpose other than to do movies for PR. There was also a presumption that Coulson was far more popular with fans than he actually was (of course, Clark Gregg belittling viewers doesn't help...speaking of that, the 'actress' who plays Skye recently pulled out that 'true fan' crap, which is embarrassing for anyone to say, let alone someone in the industry).

Whedon's overrated, Whedon's never been able to maintain shows and any success he had on TV was based on far better casting and chemistry between actors than he seems to have come up with here. I've heard people say it's not his fault, it's all his brother and his brother's wife - well, Skye has Joss Whedon stamped on her forehead, as I've seen this precious princess type all over his work, especially Angel. Skye and Coulson are also a very, very dinner theater version of Buffy and Giles.

Whedon is mostly good for snappy dialogue, and he's been using the same dialogue for 15 years. Eventually people hear it enough.

• Members

One of the problems for this show is that it's been a slave to the scheduling for Captain America. They couldn't really do much until the trigger got pulled on Winter Soldier. I'll be interested to see if they can get it together now that they don't have to stall and obfuscate and play with the scheduling. It points to a problem I've mentioned with soaps: crossovers suck because one half of the story always loses out.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Anybody still watching? I think the show has improved immensely. It's been a little hard for me to keep up with the world building because I haven't seen Capt. America but I think the show has improved the characterization by leaps and bounds.

• Members

Girllll me too. I love it but I never stopped, just stopped posting. It is building up to something big and I am so sad the season is almost coming to an end. I don't think you need to see Captain America to understand the episode... I thought I had to watch to see who the Clairvoyant but that wasn't revealed. I won't spoil you in case you want to go out and see it (Kick a** movie) but basically what is happening in the show happened in the movie -- S.H.I.E.L.D. has been breached, I just wonder how this will tie in to the other Marvel films eventually -- I doubt they'll make us wait until next year to see more of the fallout on the big screen... or they might.

• Members

I think it's gotten really good since the beginning of February. I'm happy to have stuck with the slow start because it's becoming more and more interesting and exciting every week.

• Members

This show needs some big casting changes and showrunner changes now.

I'm happy happy happy that ABC picked up the Peggy Carter show. Now I just need to know Joss Whedon and his relatives won't go near this.

Archived