Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: Discussion Thread

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D

Clark Gregg reprises his role of Agent Phil Coulson from Marvel’s feature films as he assembles a small, highly select group of Agents from the worldwide law-enforcement organization known as S.H.I.E.L.D. Together they investigate the new, the strange, and the unknown across the globe, protecting the ordinary from the extraordinary. Coulson’s team consists of Agent Grant Ward (Brett Dalton), highly trained in combat and espionage, Agent Melinda May (Ming-Na Wen) expert pilot and martial artist, Agent Leo Fitz (Iain De Caestecker); brilliant engineer and Agent Jemma Simmons (Elizabeth Henstridge) genius bio-chemist. Joining them on their journey into mystery is new recruit and computer hacker Skye (Chloe Bennet).

From Executive Producers Joss Whedon (“Marvel’s The Avengers,” ”Buffy the Vampire Slayer”); Jed Whedon & Maurissa Tancharoen, “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” pilot co-writers (“Dollhouse,” “Dr.Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog”); Jeffrey Bell (“Angel,” “Alias”); and Jeph Loeb (“Smallville”) comes Marvel’s first TV series. “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” is produced by ABC Studios and Marvel Television.

• Members

This is the one I am most excited for... I hope they do it right and I will freak out if RDJ guests or makes a cameo like he said he would be down for if it got picked up... hopefully the other Marvel stars/characters can do it as well, if they're associated with S.H.I.E.L.D.

Here's the cast promo...

6X5Jw3R.jpg

• Members

I know! But I'm kinda weary of Minga-Na since she's a show killer, but I think even with her presence it will be a hit. Smart o ABC to capitalize on the success o The Avengers and the solo movies they have.

• Members

Weird to have a SHIELD series with out Nick Fury, who for almost 50 years has been the embodiment of the series in the comics. This sort of looks like it will just be Mission Impossible with a Marvel skin covering it. Could be decent. There were a bunch of supporting characters they could have mined from the comic book, but I guess they chose not to.

• Members

I caught the longer promo during Once Upon a Time. It all went by so fast. There are definitely characters with superpowers. Since they are investigating cases that S.H.I.E.L.D. has not classified, we are unlikely to get any of the real superheroes, more likely new strange ones although it would be nice to see one or two of the minor superheroes. In any case, I am excited to see this series.

Archived