Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: Discussion Thread

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I just looked at the article and it looks like he's doing PAGE ONE re-writes. That sounds worse than I thought lol. Still, I enjoyed it. I wasn't blown away, but the production values were good and I liked some of the cast. If they let Clark Gregg and Ming-Na run things then the show will have a good shot. They were easily the most interesting thing about the pilot.

http://defamer.gawker.com/joss-whedon-is-last-minute-rewriting-s-h-i-e-l-d-and-o-1284376623

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/agents-shield-eps-expectations-lessons-631719

• Members

Ugh, the second episode was even more boring than the premiere. I swear, nothing interesting happens on this show. I could barely keep watching. I was lucky to catch Samuel L. at the end. This show should be about discovering new minor superheroes or new interesting threats.

• Members

This show has a lot of work to do. I found my attention wandering during the episode which is unfathomable to me for a show that combines Marvel and Whedon. It's giving me a lot of what I expect and like from Whedon: humor and chick-kickassery but I'm not feeling it mesh with the Marvelverse. The only characters I have any feeling for so far are Coulson and May. OTOH, they have a lot of world-building to do in the first eps and that's rarely easy or fun even when you aren't trying to tie it in to an existing canon.

• Members
Really? I thought it was a vast improvement over ep. 1. I was hooked and intrigued by a lot that was going on. Ward became a little better to me as the episode went on.

LOVED seeing SLJ, he got his wish now I wonder if RDJ will get the same.

But I do agree with the latter half of your post but I bet they have to try and give us both, superheros and unknown artifacts.

The show did drop in ratings though.

http://tvline.com/2013/10/02/ratings-agents-of-shield-drops-week-2/

• Members

I am not surprised by the huge ratings drop. I think that if nothing changes the will ratings continue to plunge and the show gets cancelled by the end of the season.

I wish I could be a media consultant because I would recommend that ABC and Whedon yank the show right now and reboot it with a new supporting cast and more exciting premise. The supporting cast aside from Ming-Na ranges from bland to annoying. And again aside from Ming Na, where the hell is the diversity? After retooling the show, they could have a premeire in the Spring.

• Members

Yes Chloe plays Skye the hacker - and she's more interesting than Fitz-Simmons. But that's just two eps. I won't write people off just yet bit no one is coming close to the flawlessness that is Ming Na. I was rolling when she did that to her wrist and the sound freaked that dude out.

Archived