DAYS: April Discussion Thread

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was hoping the envelope would end up in Marlena's hands and we would get a big Kristen/Marlena showdown but unfortunately that didn't happen. The Brady/Kristen/John/Marlena storyline has been one of my favorite over the past six months but its starting to get a bit boring and Marlena needs to be thrown back into the mix ASAP.

• Members

The episode guarantee idea makes sense ... I also think I come at this from a different perspective from being a new viewer and also from passionately believing in and rooting for a future for Brady and Kristen. I don't want it to boil down ultimately to a Marlena vs. Kristen thing because that would mean Marlena is ruining what I see as potential happiness for her stepson. Kristen started out manipulating Brady but she loves him and Brady loves her.

"We're going to make it ... we're going to make it." That's what Brady said to Kristen the other day. It was such an understated, but powerful, moment. And it's what I want to happen, for both of them.

• Members

I think you're absolutely right, jfung79. As a longtime viewer, I don't want Brady and Kristen to make it. I want Kristen to be hurt and humiliated and vow to wreak more havoc. Or I want her to marry Brady and realize she really doesn't want him, and make his (and everyone else's) life hell. Either way, I want Marlena to be involved much more than she is. I suspect, though, that you'll be a lot happier with the way this story goes than I will!

• Members

I think the show needs to bring on another of Justin's kids and make him more in the vein of Victor, instead of cookie cutter Sonny. I know everyone's tired of Sami's revolving door but maybe make him a rival of EJ's for Sami's affections.

• Members

Yeah, Dee's and Marlena's lack of screen time is most likely episode guarantee related. I feel like they bumped her down recently, or they're saving her, like how John vanished for a while, now Marlena's kinda MIA, as others pointed out. Still ...

I think the soaps should stop using the episode guarantee. It's become kinda obvious how strict they are with it, and when someone's on just to fulfill their episode guarantee.

I loved them too.

It was a pretty good episode overall. I liked Lumi. Nice seeing Allie but that girl is destined to be a troublemaker for Sami and I cannot wait.

• Members

While I enjoy a crazy, havoc-wreaking Kristen as much as the next person, I also love the character grounded with a modicum of rational thought. IMO, when Kristen went haywire back in the 90s and they had ED playing 20 different characters was when Days kind of went off the rails (again). I am loving Kristen this time around, torn between her sane self and the overwelming need for revenge. It makes her completely watchable -- and relatable. I love that she has fallen for Brady now and that is tearing her apart inside.

Ciara is about as fun to watch as Kristen these days. So glad she is on the frontburner this week -- and I suspect she has a girl-crush on Kristen (like a lot of us do!). And an outright major crush on Brady!

I also love Ciara sassing Hope and Marlena.

• Members

I am loving this Ciara/Kristen stuff, but good GRIEF is this little girl deranged. When she was ranting about "Why can't I have my envelopes at school?!"... It was almost as bad as the time she found Nighttime Hope's stash of wallets and was carrying on about them. Who knows what would've happened if this kid ever got her hands on Fay Walker's Cameo ™?

Archived