GH: Discussion for the Month of March

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LOVED them. I really did. And I was no teen when they were happening. Maybe because it didn't feel so...juvenile. I don't know. But CB/AT had "it". And it is why I hated Nem. I know NL/CB didn't have the spark, but I HATED Zander being sacrificed for that pablum.

• Members

Just watched my first full episode of GH in sixteen years and it was awesome! The show appears to be in good hands. The vets still felt very true to in both writing and acting - Luke, Laura, Bobbie, Scott, Lucy. Loved the running commentary of the graduating nursing students Felix and Sabrina. Nice mystery of what has happened to LuLu!

Felt bad for Maxie as she has done the cliched but still always compelling "lost a baby but got pregnant again and not telling the truth to save other people's feelings" -- though I have a feeling this might be Jean Passanante's influence recycling a story she did with Vienna at ATWT.

Love Patrick and his not being able to move on from Robin ... I take it these characters still don't know that Robin is alive? I feel for Sabrina having a crush since I go through that too.

Like Spinelli's quirkiness and his expressing wanting to have kids.

Don't care for Dante.

Nikolas at the end!

• Members

Glad to see you watching now and posting in here jfung! You picked a pretty good episode to watch!

The show has been hit or miss, but when it's good it's GOOD and when it's not it is BAD, lol. It's lacking in great scriptwriters, but they're all small quibbles.

Sabrina was actually somewhat tolerable on Fri and I really like Felix. Liz was in full Sabrina propping mode but she looked great and I love how important Liz feels again overall.

Dr. O is love <3

I wonder who the script writer was? I never pay attention before I delete.

Chad Brannon and Amber Tamblyn not pretty? They were great and GH should have fought like hell to keep them. Didn't Brannon leave because he became religious? And Tamblyn left because of JFP?

• Members

IA funny thing is I've always enjoyed most of scottys pairings except laura my favs have been dominquie/SCotty Lucy/SCotty a nd Heather/SCotty I still can't believe we never got any Heather/SCotty scenes I want to see if they still have chem honestly the tri of Luke/Laura/Scotty was old 35 years ago.I also don't get why dominquie has been erased from scotty's history when this was probally scotty's biggest story her death not to mention some of KSr best work ever.

• Members

Their appeal for me was that:

a. Emily finally had a love interest that didn't bore me to tears

b. Zander didn't look like the typical young soap hunk

c. Those two had chemistry in spades

While I know that the spell was broken with the inferior Emily recast, they didn't have to throw him away altogether - especially since he had plenty of charisma to spare with the other characters on canvas. As much as I lament the lost potential that was Hot Johnny, Zander being thrown under the bus and backed over it five times over was even worse to me because they snatched his realized potential away and turned him into Swiss cheese in the end.

• Members

I agree completely. Someone a page or so back said they wished Scotty would be away from L&L because he is not likable with them. That's the point: he is not supposed to be likable. Except for a brief period in the 90s, Scott is GH's all-purpose nogoodnik who, no matter who is starring on the show at the time, the show can plug him into the story as someone to scheme against the hero. That's why Kevin said no one likes him, that's why when Anna saw him she turned around and tried to run away (loved that). I love him and hope he never changes. GH isn't GH unless Scotty is on with an angle.

• Members

Forgive me, but I thought that one of the main complaints from GH old heads was that Scott was villainized to prop Luke/L&L since he wasn't a dastardly character until GM decided to take full advantage of the TG/GF chemistry. From what I've been told (and from what little I've seen of Laura and Scott prior to them getting hitched), he was your typical swell teen kid that was head over heels in love with his best girl.

If I'm wrong, however, please don't hesitate to correct me.

Archived