AMC: The Prospect Park Era (old production thread)

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Was this interview with Paula Garces posted? She indicates Alicia Minshew will definitely be back for season two.

http://www.examiner.com/article/interview-paula-garces-talks-devious-maids-all-my-children-and-aluna

And what about Zach and his feelings for Kendall as the show hints about in its upcoming September 2nd season finale?

“[Alicia Minshew’s] coming back too,” Garces said. “…So it’s going to be great for the three of us. I think the fact that Lea Marquez is there is going to give Kendall a lot of heat to play off of....and vice versa.”

• Members

My suggestion for PP:
1) Decide to shoot 100 episodes EACH of AMC & OLTL
2) roll them out every Monday. Two episodes a week for 50 weeks
3) Take the more Show and make it more a BTS reality show like Oprah's 25th season on OWN. Combine it so it covers both AMC & OLTL. Shoot 50 episodes and release an episode every Monday for 50 weeks.

As for filming:

I would set it up as AMC & OLTL will each film 20 weeks. They each have FOUR Cycles of FIVE weeks of filming. That way each cycle they only have to film 25 episodes.

I feel that way they can even structure a hiatus point from mid-June to August to give the writers, producers and crew time to relax and will save money & make money in the end.

Thoughts???

• Members

At first I liked the twice a week but that just isn't enough. I am not trying to sound like the "I hate that shows are 30 minutes because it isn't enough/Hula Crowd" but twice a week isn't really enough to start a conversation LOL! I think that 3 times a week would be best because we can have the cliffhanger episode, then the meaty episode, then the cliffhanger episode. Not a beginning/middle/end format but a "Building up to the suspense" format. So, as along as the idea is 3 days a week plus I am good. I think 4 is too much. If they had it were they aired on Monday/Wedensday/Friday that would be better because the people who couldn't/didn't watch on Monday/Wedensday/Friday could watch on Tuesday/Thursday/Week End respectively. Or if someone works and can only watch part of an episode they can watch part of Monday's episode on monday one day and the other half on tuesday. Basically, there needs to be a structure but not so much that it is intimidating like the current network soaps but enough that there is a "routine".

• Members

I think 3 episodes a week would be nice. I mean, I'll take what I can get honestly. 2 episodes is OK, and if it stays at 2, I'm fine with that if it means a tight show and even though a lot was cut and spliced together, I like what they're accomplishing in two episodes. I think three would give a more 'full' story, IMO, and if they had 3 episodes, those cut scenes could have aired and like I said, give more of a complete story.

Archived