AMC: The Prospect Park Era (old production thread)

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yay! Personally I just want them to keep the shots of the hand opening the book and the scene of "Welcome to Pine Valley" sign from when Pete was coming home. Everything else is up for grabs for me.

They could easily fit everybody in the opening if they are smart about what they show. Allow me to point at my much beloved Friday Night Lights as an example:

I wish that I knew how to make vids.

• Members

I'm TOO excited about this one. I was hoping they might go there but I didn't think they actually would.

Marceline you have me in tears with the FNL credits. I'm still holding out hope for the movie. Anyway with AMC, the white pearls theme will always be my one true AMC jam but We are the Love has grown on me. It seems to fit the show nicely but a S2 update would be great.

• Members

I hope they don't rely on BIG RETURNS, they should focus on the cast they have as the series is in a really good place right now. I'd MAYBE take Tad back for Dixie but really don't see the need for Erica right now, unless Bianca and Kendall come back. I do think, however, that Griffin should be on more as Cara's story kicks into gear.

• Members

Speak for yourself. I think there's a big gaping hole in the canvas where Erica and her family should be. Miranda alone isn't cutting it. I love Tad, and I'd be happy to have him back. I really don't care about Griffin either way, although it's odd that he started out the show helping Cara keep her secret but was nowhere to be found when JR came up with this stupid, stupid idea to bring Oliver to town.

• Members

I agree as well- they really don't need to reinvent the wheel (or I guess revert to old wheels) for S2- they're chugging along really really well. Also I don't think Debbi's tweet necessarily means that big return announcements are on the way, these actors are likely getting nonstop tweets about when they're going into production and it seems like she's just trying to respond in a way that doesn't really say anything but also keeps fans excited.

• Members

The Kendall plot thread is too big for them to not go back to. I expect to see her. I don't particularly want her back full time right now - I like Zach and Lea - but I do love Kendall, and I think she can be slowly reintroduced to the show over time in small doses.

Tad is the same. And while I like Anders, they have the actor dressed and styled like Milhouse from The Simpsons, and his IMDB photos and pix from other work make him look actually very hot. Hopefully they'll spruce him up. Or bring back Griffin. I'd still take Griffin instead. Or they can say Griffin's been away treating (and romancing) Kendall.

• Members

I adore MEK but honestly I haven't missed Tad at all. The last few years had him vacillating constantly between self-righteous prick and obnoxious clown. I loved his marriage to Cara but IMO that ship has sailed. It would certainly be nice for Joe to have his son around (Although I'm kind of liking Joe as free agent at the moment. He's developed kind of a badass edge) and for Jesse to have his friend (Although truth be told, I'd rather have Greg Nelson back) but I just don't need more of the sanctimonious moralizing and obsessive David hate that became Tad's trademark.

If they do bring back Tad, I wouldn't mind them also bringing us a recast Damon. (I'd love to see Finn Wittrock again but he's on my list of "It would take a miracle" returns.) and maybe then they could finally bring back Carmen Thomas as Hilary.

Right now the 20-something group consists of Pete, Colby and Cass. (I don't count Celia. Until there's some serious growth in her character I lump her in with AJ, Miranda and Heather.) I'd like to see at least two more characters added to that group.

• Members

Yeah, MEK has been depressing to watch for at least ten years - Darn and I used to call him a suicidal clown. I don't need Tad back for more than visits at this point at all, but the more I rewatch his work with Lindsay Hartley near the end of the network show, the more I feel it would be nice to at least see him - but not have him back in a key, oft-judgmental role where Tad and the weird, off-brand, quasi-femme Martin Machismo dominated the canvas.

• Members

I think part of the reason Tad has been so self-righteous and/or Clownish is because of his kids. How old should hid daughters be now?? I wonder how the developed. I assume/hope Tad's blood balanced out Kathy and Jenny's mothers blood LOL. I think Jenny will turn out to be a mini-opal.

Anyway, I would love for Hillary to return. An Dixie/Tad/Hillary triangle would be EPIC. Both of his true loves fighting for him. Maybe they could bring Gregg back and he would fall for Dixie? Maybe a Tad/Liza/Gregg/Hillary Quad?? I think Damon was one of the best additions in the later years but was thrown out for Asher.

I would Rather for there to be a Damon/Petey/Colby/Cass triangle and have Celia be the crazy 18 year old...

That said, I want to be Celia to be crazy BUT I don't want her to be a "Crazy Annie" or the next Janet because I think she has potential. That is one thing about Crazy's. I would like Janet to stay but she can't be on contract for years and remain just as nuts!!

Archived