AMC: The Prospect Park Era (old production thread)

• Members

If they're going to have Miranda - and clearly they are - then they have to have Bianca in some way. PP has access to at least some of the ABC AMC archive because they used old clips in their initial preview video, and if they're planning to tell a story about Miranda finding out about her origins, then I can see why they'd want Eden as Bianca. CBL grew on me toward the end, but if they're retelling the story of how Miranda came to be, I want Eden in that. But at the same time, that story NEEDS Kendall and Erica.

I had heard rumors that ER would have more availability after a certain date, but now she's pregnant, so who knows what the plan is for Bianca at this point.

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Exactly! It just doesn't make any sense, especially with the who is my father story they teased. IDK maybe the new writers reworked it after they realized it was a bit silly to think Miranda wouldn't know about the origin of her birth especially after Erica went on several media tours discussing it and everyone in town was at Bianca's rape trial, and as I recall Michael Cambias was interviewed by the press when the charges were dropped. Or that she would buy the story of Bianca going to a sperm bank at that age without questioning it at all.

But to tease that story so heavily and not be able to play it out because there are literally no Kanes on set is odd. It isn't working and they have to do something...I am a big Eden fan but if I have to adjust to a recast in order for them to be able to tell the story they are trying to tell correctly then I am perfectly willing to do that.

• Members

I agree that Miranda's paternity story will require all the Kane women but other than that I don't see a "big, gaping hole." I like Erica a lot and would be happy to see her return but when she does, her contribution needs to be meaningful. IMO, we don't need another round of Enchantment vs. Fusion.

• Members

I would love for DC to be on the show more, but reasons out of the show's control factor into the decision. I think SL's return is also just completely out of control of the show. SL has two other shows, one of which is a huge hit, and where she is allowed to portrayed comedy (IMO her strongest acting). I would be shocked if SL comes back at all, and if she does, out of loyalty to Agnes Nixon, IMHO, it will only be as a guest star role, similar to DC.

As for Eden and Alicia, I think both actresses will appear on the show, especially as Miranda's paternity is concerned, but I don't think either (even if have a signed contract) will be full-time. Both have young families, and want to explore other aspect of acting.

I feel like the producers are doing their best with story when they have a group of actors from one family who don't want to work full-time.

• Members

Mostly likely as a guest star. From my understanding, very few primetime shows will allow its actors to be regulars on other shows. There are exceptions of course like Heather Locklear. HBS also comes to mind.

Impossible. Miranda's like, 16. tongue.png

Preach it!

• Members

Well, I think they could kill two birds with one stone by bringing back Maggie as a character. I know a lot of people are attached to EH as Maggie, but if they want to work with Eden's schedule they could just bring Maggie back that way no time is wasted on developing a new character just for that and Bianca has a love interest that can play a parental role to Miranda. Also, David would have a family member as an ally. It is a bit hard to watch the everybody hates David show so I would like to see a family member in his corner

• Members

When watching Devious Maids, it makes me think I might not mind an Erica Kane return if she's written a little more like SL's character Genivieve (sp?). Perhaps a taste of stardom has made Erica realize she's found happiness that no man can give her, have her become a panelist on a "The View" type series and have Dmitri court her for a talk show of her own on Chandler Media, much to Brooke's disgust. But make it so she literally just makes flying visits before jetting back off to Los Angeles. That way Erica's presence is still there but she isn't being the fawning fiftysomething (and that's being polite) ingenue.

• Members

No one show should "need" anybody. However they need to do a better job of using who they do have. Erica would be awesome and there is a void for the Kane's however I stand by it that no show "needs" anyone. And really its been 40 episodes. That's 2 months of regular 5 days a week soap. Even though the show has been back since earlier this year. Its not that long stretch of a time. I think they should have used Bianca better whether she was short term or not.

• Members

I was really, really hoping that watching her lover gunned down in front of her would harden Bianca a bit and give her a desire for revenge or something. I'm sorely disappointed that thus far she's still the "nice" Kane woman.

All in all, I felt like they got off to a decent start with Bianca, but then she just disappeared and hasn't returned which is what I think bothers so many of us. I really hope they can make better use of her in season 2.

Archived