AMC: The Prospect Park Era (old production thread)

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am really loving the AMC. TBH, I tried it watching it on ABC many times in 2000's and it was too boring for me and dull for me. I finally started watching it in 2010, but still wasn't into it. PP's AMC has really changed that for me! It's very fast paced and exciting.

• Members

It was a nice gesture of him, very classy. But no, I don't think your opinion is unpopular, at least not outside of Walt's fanbase. Walt is funny, and he seems like a very nice guy, but he is not a leading actor of the same caliber as, say, David Canary. He can't carry a story as a lead - it was tried with Laurel and with Kit, and it didn't work.

His fanbase pretty much saw to it that he had no storyline unless he was with Erica, and 20+ years of writers tried to make that relationship work and failed every time. Jack and Erica can be fun to watch when they're falling for each other, and they're sometimes good to watch when they have conflict, but as a happy couple they just don't work very well, and you can only tell that same get together/break up story so many times before it becomes ridiculous.

I would not care if Jack came back, but at this point, I'd honestly prefer it if Jack and Erica have both moved on and accepted that they just aren't meant to be.

• Members

Jack and Erica are the most popular Caucasian-American supercouple of all time. They are true role models to their audience, just like Cliff and --, er, Steven and Elyse Keaton. Walt Willey and Susan Lucci also have, like, 120 Soap Opera Digest Awards apiece. No way would Jack and Erica move onto other people. If they did, they would be betraying the entire Caucasian race, created so beautifully by Michelle Patrick.

• Members

No! Erica Kane does not NEED a man. She just likes to play with them. Insisting that Erica be part of a super-couple is a massive betrayal of feminism and of women as strong, independent leaders who don't rely on men for everything. Everyone knows that Agnes Nixon in her infinite wisdom created feminism, and anyone who would relegate Erica to mere couple status instead of letting her be that star that she is clearly hates all women.

Archived