AMC: The Prospect Park Era (old production thread)

• Members

No. My point is that if you're going to put yourself out there like she has, then you have to suck it up and accept that not everyone is going to agree with you. I work in public relations. I'm more than used to getting push back from the public and from members of the media. No one is forcing Cady to tweet. She chooses to do it, and if you choose to do it, then you have to develop a thick skin and ditch the attitude. Cady is acting like people are unjustified in doubting her, but given how ABC jerked the actors around back in 2011, fans in 2013 have every reason to question why this is happening and to wonder if the actors really do know what's going on. ABC sent Susan Lucci out to the press to insist that AMC was not being canceled only to cancel it a month later. Fans remember that.

As for me, that I'm posting on a soap board is a clear indication that I don't just watch, that I'm more involved and emotionally invested in this program than just a fair-weather viewer. No, I'm not ON the show or part of the crew, but according to you that means I don't have a right to an opinion? Please. I'm just as entitled to an opinion as you are, and I think Cady's response was over-dramatic and entitled. Frankly, plenty of people working behind the scenes have put in far more hours than Cady has, but I don't see them acting like a Drama Queen. You go have a seat.

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Cady just needs to back up and take a breather. She's letting people make her angry and it's causing her to respond too quickly. I know she takes her role as a PP ambassador seriously but this is one time she would do well to step back and let their people take the heat.

This is the time to step back and say, "I'm just the waitress. You need to talk to the chef."

• Members

She's not saying she's done more for it than Lucci. That doesn't mean she has to be cussed out or insulted by psycho fans with an entitlement complex. Unless of course you think people should just talk [!@#$%^&*] as she ensures them the show is going on.

I can understand fans venting and being upset up to a point but when people turn personally insulting and abusive and start spouting off about it being a whole big conspiracy to kill the shows by "Frons" or whatever, and ranting and raving on Facebook like fuckin' idiots and turning on the actors, then it's time to shut that crap down.

• Members

You must be new here. Fans have been harassing actors since long before the internet. Yes, it's wrong but it's not unexpected. If actors are going to engage with fans they need to be very clear about what they are willing to accept and how they will react. Know your limits and enforce your boundaries. For example, Cady just made it clear that she will delete negative remarks and if you want to bitch, go somewhere else. That's a boundary and a perfectly reasonable one.

• Members

What is true is that she shouldn't try to actively engage those psychos. Most of those types don't want to do anything other than grandstand and hear themselves rant. Nothing good can come of it.

• Members

Agreed no one should be harassing Cady for any reason but soap fans are not the sanest so it was probably in her best interest not to tweet like 47 times yesterday. I actually thought her first few tweets were comforting and it was good to know the actors were still believing in PP's commitment. Then, as she just kept going on and on, I was like okay she's just as scared as the fans that this is really bad. Then to get offended and go all "after all I have done for you" to fans really just doesn't make her look great (particularly if you don't even like Dixie) & really riles up the crazies. But emotions were running high for fans and actors yesterday (I'm sure especially the vets who have been jerked around for years). I appreciate how positive and excited Cady has been promoting the hell out of the show on FB & Twitter for the past few weeks. Hopefully everything will calm down now that everyone's had a day to recover from yesterday's sucker punch.

• Members

"why come i cant watch amc anymore on abc. david and angie would be hotttttt."

"DAVID BETTA NOT BE TRYIN TO GET WIT ANGIE! HE TO EVUL!"

"Emmy-winning Angie wouldn't sleep with Emmy-winning David. Black people need her to stay with Emmy-winning Jesse."

Archived