AMC: The Prospect Park Era (old production thread)

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thanks for the link.

So I waited 24 yrs for a permanent engagement and Brooke to take up with Dimitri? Not happy.

The wedding was set to take place end of the ABC run. It was postponed at PP's request and now JB just confirmed the Gala isn't it, she has no idea when it will take place (conversely JVD has a very good idea of when Viki/Clint are getting married) and I'm getting some kind of sickening implication from what she was and wasn't saying that Brooke's going to hook up with Dimitri while Adam's God knows where.

Plus the interviewer nailed it - why am I seeing Miranda at Brooke's house more than I'm seeing Brooke? And Colby adored Brooke. They got along very well at the end and she's B&A shipper. Now she's going to be a brat that Brooke has to deal with?

Is LB done at DOOL yet? I need her back.

• Members

Glad she's going to have more to do than listen to the perils of Celia. If we get Adam/Brooke/Dimitri (as much as DC wants to be available) with Erica eventually thrown in, OH MY GOD. The Colby dynamic sounds good. I hated how towards the end they were whitewashing Colby into a good girl/heroine/honorary Martin. Because the child of Adam & Liza needs to be hell on wheels.

• Members

I'm not sensing that AMC is throwing Adam to the wolves. But the reality is they likely have to work with David Canary's availability, and he had to be cajoled out of retirement. I think whatever happens will happen slow.

I also seriously doubt Viki and Clint will actually marry on OLTL next month, or that it will go off without a hitch. I think the tension for both couples is why they have waited.

• Members

I see what you're saying but Adam and Brooke in a quad w Erica plus latest flame? Been there Done that. Just marry them and then they can pull this.

Adam and Brooke didn't get the 20k weddings Tad and Dixie have. They got one and then it was made null and void and rewritten as some horrible marriage (when it was THE most beautiful marriage I've seen in any medium) because McHack hated Julia and other hacks and newbie fans took that as the gospel.

I waited 24 yrs for this wedding. Give me my wedding and then mix them up with Dimitri and Erica. I would welcome it. And if there's time to have DC leave his house for a 10 minute drive to spend long scenes with Bianca and Dixie I think he can come out and stand there and play a wedding ceremony.

I also never thought he retired. He didn't want to be in LA. Had AMC stayed put he never would've left. And Jennifer Bassey confirmed this to me a couple of months back so not sure what the problem is now. Maybe he got used to staying home?

The silver lining. Saved from Celia hell. Colby only useful to me as A&B shipper. I LOATHED McHack trying to replace Brooke for Adam with Liza (like watching the attempts at Mary paired w Lou on the old MTM show Yuck.) Just as I LOATHED Deadmund as the poor man's Adam to Brooke. In my world Colby shouldn't even exist. It's tragic that Adam's never had a baby with the only woman he ever truly loved and wanted one with.

• Members

PP owns a license to the shows, which is a fact, but they DONT own the stories!!! If you want to get mad at anyone for Brooke and Adam for not being together blame the writers and the EP. Also, it would be very interesting to get the long-waited Brooke/Dimitri/Erica Triangle.

I am OK with the Colby thing because Brooke was a brat when she first came on but Phoebe managed to straighten her up. It would be interesting to see Brooke doing the same with Colby. I actually always wanted a redux of that story with Brooke in the role of Dutches.

Also, are your forgetting it has been 5 years?? Things may have happened between Colby and Brooke when we last saw them besides Colby hated Annie so maybe Colby didn't like Brooke but she was the lesser of two evils.

• Members

Not really. I mean, yes, David messed it up a bit by screwing around with Jane, but Jack and Erica got back together, only to have him ditch her yet again because she's not the woman he wants her to be. Trust me, David deserves no blame for Jack and Erica breaking up. They do that to themselves all the time without much help from anyone else.

Archived