AMC: The Prospect Park Era (old production thread)

• Members

I believe her contract is for two more years there (I think it was three years)--she also seems to often like the less stressful schedule of being an associate writer, not HW, but of course I would be thrilled to see her at AMC. Julia's interview gave me hope that we will see more adult interactions in the coming weeks.

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

While McTavish didn't write many *good* stories for Brooke (though I admit I liked all the Edmund/Tad stuff in her first stint) she obviously wanted to write for the character and wqas told by someone else during the last stint that she shouldn't. Julia all but confirmed this when she left instead of going on recurring.Still I get you're a big Adam/Brooke fan and she didn't do too much for them.

And that's where I kinda get worried by posts like yours :P I don't mean to sound harsh, you actually sound pretty sane in your reasoning compared to some whoi push a fave couple above all else for their show (and Brooke is one of my favorite characters and I did like her marriage to Adam, and wish they had explored it more when she got back wirth him for some great scenes more recently), but when there are quotes like "I've waited 24 years for this" etc I start to get a bit nervous, but then again I've never really been a supercouple fan of anyone. Still, I think it actually could make more drama to have Brooke and Adam already married when conflict happens with Dimi and maybe Erica (Brooke could be sorta not thrilled that Adam is constantly away on hiis trips--which I expect to get an explanation for soon.)

I wish SON hadn't spoiled this news on their main page, but I guess there would have been no way to avoid it--though I'm trying to keep spoiler free, and I admit it's been hard with the way casting news is discussed. Still--I am thrilled (I do kinda wonder how the Billy Clyde style of Nixon doing those broad caricature characters will mesh with the grittier sex trafficking story.

• Members

I'm glad Brooke will be doing something other than being window dressing to the mess that is Pete and Celia.

I think JB was being playful and coy. I'm not getting that Brooke/Dimitri are going to be an item, that she and Adam are done or that there will be a tri or quad with Erica. What I did get is that she is going to be totally immersed in all things Chandler while Adam is away and that Dimitri will be working for her at Adam's company.

I love that she will be involved with Colby and love the dynamic she describes. Even if Colby loves Brooke (and I think she probably does), if she has a strong personality and is spoiled, she is bound to clash with others who are strong willed.

Finally, I do believe the wedding will happen and Adam/Brooke are all good, but between DC's availability (he probably had something planned/scheduled when they got the go ahead in terms of filming so they are working around him) and what I am guessing is the show wanting to use the wedding as an excuse to get more folks back, my guess is it happens in Aug/Sept and JB knows nothing because the scripts haven't been written yet.

• Members

While the gala may not be a wedding in disguise - if it a surprise, she wouldn't spoil it.

I did not get any implication that Brooke was taking up with Dimitri romantically.

I did get the implication that Brooke and Adam are very much in love and content with each other, married or not, they are committed to one another.

• Members
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>@<a href="https://twitter.com/tvfirstlook">tvfirstlook</a> @<a href="https://twitter.com/toln">toln</a> @<a href="https://twitter.com/allmychildren">allmychildren</a> aww my first TV pimp is back! Lol great character <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23BillyClydeTuggle">#BillyClydeTuggle</a></p>&mdash; Holly Robinson Peete (@hollyrpeete) <a href="
16, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Archived