ABC Soaps in Depth Magazine with Chew ad in it

• Members

I think there's still room for a quality magazine, but most of these seem like weak filler. I will say that in the last year, I have stopped reading ALL soap websites aside from fan boards like this one, TWOP, etc. I just got sick to death of the bias and fangirling and smug elitism. So perhaps those are some of the people who are still buying these.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

AMC has been gone for over a year now. The Chew is just as much a part of ABC Daytime as GH is. They're bridging the gap by having GH stars appear on the Chew and by showing the GH characters watch the Chew. At the end of every episode of the Chew, one of the hosts will remind viewers to stay tuned for General Hospital. If they can plug a soap, the soap magaznes can plug them.

• Members

Frankly, I'm tired of constant lambasting of The Chew, The Revolution, Good Afternoon America, Let's Make a Deal, Katie Couric's show, and all the rest of the shows and hosts that have replaced the soaps - especially since they aren't responsible for the cancellation of said soaps in the first place.

Simply put, shitty writing and management is what killed and will kill the soaps, though I guess it's a lot easier to send Mario Batali hate mail than to face that fact.

• Webmaster

While I won't comment on the magazine's and their management, I do understand (as someone eloquently explained earlier) why an ad for The Chew is no more wrong than an ad for The View or even Passions back in the day. While we have lost soaps and some of these programs have replaced them, we have to move on. It's been over a year since either "All My Children" or "One Life to Live" were in production. Unless some miracle happens, we can't continue being bitter about the show(s) that replaced them in their respective timeslots and wish them to fail. As some stated, a failing Chew could lead to a failing "General Hospital," as lead-ins do matter (despite what some websites may think). A successful Chew means a successful "GH" (at least we hope). In the end however, income received is a business remaining open.

Now as for the grammar issues mentioned...that's just sloppy.

• Members

Placing blame on the Chew for amc ending is like boycotting a new show because one from last season was cancelled. Truth is AMC was a financial disaster and not turning a profit. It was over budget and the network tried to save it via a move, and dont even come at me with that was done to seal the fate of the show because thats some crazy talk and i cant with it. If ABC wanted AMC dead it would have cancelled it like it eventually did when keeping it was illogical. I miss AMC greatly, sometimes more than I thought I would, but I enjoy The Chew and think its a pretty good daytime show. So ABC is promoting it via an ad in a magazine, where it promotes its other daytime shows. And?

Archived