Y&R: November 2012 Discussion Thread

• Members

Depends on what you consider better.

Better than what Maria was dishing out? Yeah. The writing seems to be more character-driven and the production has a lot gotten better.

Back on track totally? No. That's going to take a long time (if ever). The stories themselves don't really have any electricity to them.

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That picture of Tricia Cast and Kristoff St. John is cute. I remember seeing a few clips of them on you tube from the Bad News Bears TV show a few months ago.

No offense but Kristoff St. John was always really good at playing that cocksure character. It would certainly be a step up from what he's doing right now. Uh, by the way, what is Kristoff doing these days? Where is Tricia Cast these days? Okay, I can see the theme here.

• Members

Serious Answer: he's reconnecting with his birth mother, who has been diagnosed with cancer, in North Carolina. (We Love Soaps' website has a story all about it.)

Khan Answer: Avoiding more sex scenes with big, ugly women like a mofo.

• Members

I think she probably just would know it's not worth arguing over. At least it gives her a little story.

The whole idea is ludicrous, because Katherine spent the 70s and 80s being a complete emotional wreck. If she were a CEO then I don't know how the shareholders would have felt about her years spent obsessing over a teenage boy. I think LML must have decided it was sexist for Katherine to not have been a business tycoon, and it stuck.

I remember Jeanne Cooper saying she hated playing some of those overwrought scenes (one where she had to say the Lord's Prayer to try to get Philip to make love to her - she said Donnelly Rhodes was on the other side of the bed, shaking with laughter), but that they got a huge audience response.

• Members

That was the moment Katherine, drunk off her bejeweled ass, signed the divorce papers. IIRC, too, the fact that she was drunk at this moment later played a huge part in having that divorce declared null-and-void, as well as Kay and Jill's fight over the Chancellor mansion.

Ay dios....

Just shows to go you that not even Bill Bell was perfect.

Archived