Y&R: November 2012 Discussion Thread

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, I think most times when soaps really want to keep a certain story aspect a secret, they tend not to offer spoilers about it. I guess this is the exception? Furthermore, there have been times when casting calls haven't panned out, and not having been given any information on the actress tends to make one think that something hasn't followed through.

• Members

The black people are still and will continue to be 1st and 15th. Griffith immediately made his preferences known by dropping stories and characters in record time and immediately pushing his pets to the frontburner. Remind me, how long did it take Avery to get her set? Exactly. If they wanted to do something with Neil or Devon, they would've given Harmony a proper exit, thus setting up a future for those characters. We also would be seeing more of Neil to develop a storyline down the road. They are placeholders like they always have been. Anyone who thinks otherwise is foolish.

• Members

Leslie may be too young, but she's the only black female around so of course her sole purpose should be as Neil's love interest. That's how these writers work. Leslie should've been put in a relationship with Adam when they shared so many scenes together in the past. She would make more sense in the Chelsea role right now as opposed to Melissa Claire Egan who should not be employed on Y&R.

• Members

I'm just saying that realistically it makes more sense to put Leslie (an outsider) with Adam, than it does to put her with Neil only because they're both black. Leslie and Adam had lots of scenes together and there was chemistry there. I don't like Adam either, but it's a pairing that would make sense. Given Angell Conwell's performances and age, she'd be on contract and on the frontburner with a love interest if she wasn't black. I really don't see the new regime changing much for the minorities. It's not going to be another golden age for them.

• Members

I no longer think Alex is tied to Avery. He's coming to town to ask someone about a past relationship so I think that's about Noah/Adriana. RA tweeted about welcoming his old pal IS. Still no word on whose playing Adriana though which is odd.

I'm all for more Leslie but it sucks Neil is her only option and she's being pulled out the closet cause he needs a pairing. Instead of the predictable pairing Navery, I would've preferred Nick and Leslie.

Archived