B&B: November Discussion Thread

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was really crying during the last scene today. That was beautifully written, composed & put together. That little moment when Stephanie pointed her finger at Steffy :(

Stephanie saying she wanted piece between the families and Brooke promising there would be after she's gone. And then they both laughed. That was the best moment!

• Members

That's not really true because the first incarnations of Kristen and Felicia were not more developed as the first incarnations of Donna and Katie. All four were on contract only for a limited time (Kristen 1987-1990, Felicia 1990-1992, Donna 1987-1991 and Katie 1987-1989).

Kristen #1 returned for special events until 1994, Felicia #1 was brought back for a short time in 1997 and 2004, Donna #1 was seen in the middle 90s and for the last time in 2001, and Katie #1 recurred in the 90s as Brooke's babysitter and as a waitress at "Insomnia" before she last appeared in 2004. So all four characters were equally underdeveloped because they hadn't had a major storyline in over 10 years before they were brought back.

When Kristen came back on contract in 2001, Bell obviously had a storyline planned for her but as soon as she was married to Tony she became useless in his eyes and was therefore dropped.

Brad Bell simply forgot about Kristen and Felicia just as he forgot about Thorne or the whole Spectra family (and many other characters).

If the recasts of Kristen and Felicia had been given the right material, they could still play an integral part on the show as of today.

• Members

Huntress, I agree with everything you posted. Both Kristen and Felicia are viable with the actors they have. In fact, I'd be insulted if they recast Kristen with a bigger name, when there is no need. If you want to pass the torch, Felicia should be there obviously as the new Stephanie and Brooke can remain Brooke.

• Members

I think Kristen and Felicia both had more depth than Katie and Donna. Kristen had the issues with Stephanie, she was married to Clarke. Felicia had issues with Stephanie, rebelled against her family, had the stories with Jake and a few others. Katie and Donna mostly had Rocco, pimples, and unknowingly posing in a nude magazine. Bell had to make zero effort to bring them back, and could happily rewrite both of their personalities and give them flop stories. The only time he cared about bringing back Felicia and Kristen was to shove them into issue stories he wanted to tell (cancer, AIDS). Once they were over, he was done.

• Members

ITA. Katie and Donna were always glorified extras; Donna still is. Her relationship to Eric was as pivotal as that to Bill Sepncer Sr. in the long run. Katie is only different 'cause both Kay Alden and Brad Bell worship Heather Tom's feet - and rightfully so.

That said: Felicia SHOULD be back and she SHOULD have a real place on the canvas. She is miniStephanie

• Members

Brooke: "Katie is my sister!"

Taylor: "And Thorne was Ridges brother, and Eric was his father, and Deacon was your son in law!"

Brooke: "*SLAP!* How dare you!"

LMAO!!!! THE LOOK ON TAYLOR'S FACE. I was dying throughout that whole exchange today. Amazing.

Like I can't stop rewinding. There has to be some gif's of that! LOLZ.

Archived