B&B: November Discussion Thread

• Members

"They sure know how to break a sombre mood, don't they." :lol: Never stop Clarence. I still can't believe they added in those stallion sound effects either.

A little perturbed by Katie's post-partum agony now being reduced to "who will satisfy Bill's epic libido first?"

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Stephanie's goodbye really is a Stephanie-Brooke lovefest, isn't it? I love the relationship between these two women but I sort of understand the way Pam felt when she heard Brooke was going to be with Stephanie. It's, like, why her and not Pam? Felicia? Ridge? Thorne? Taylor? Stephanie even made Eric go to FC to sort out Rick and Thomas's latest spat just so she could have some alone time with Brooke!

Jacob Young really is such a fine little actor and great for this show. It's just too bad he's been saddled with not one but TWO wet blankets to act against -- Adam Gregory and Lynsey Whateverherface. No wonder they give him so many scenes with Kim Matula -- by far his best screen partner thus far.

• Members

I bought the two B&B DVDs, Shocking Moments & How It All Began and I started with the former. I watched three episodes and it made me appreciate where the show is right now, but also showed the limitations of the current show. The first episode had a return from the dead for Ridge and the next two parter was centered around Thorne losing control of Forrester to Ridge. Where the show has improved now is in the production values (it looks so stale, dated and cheap in these episodes) and also better younger characters. However, the show right now lacks the diversity it had then. Not in terms of race, but in terms of the stories featured. Since I was watching in the early 00s, I remember a time when the show was able to tell more than one story. You were able to have Nick/Brooke/Ridge constantly on the frontburner ala Hope/Liam/Steffy, but Amber had a real story, Stephanie and Sally were working, Thorne had stories and then Bridget usually had a story. And these weren't space fillers like Marcus' texting while driving PSA. The show had a lot of movement. It wasn't perfect (often was terrible these years), but I liked that you had multiple storylines.

One thing I never noticed until watching this episodes is how bad Colleen Dion is as Felicia. Perhaps it's because I only recall watching the cancer story with Lesli Kay, but she's pretty bad in the early episodes of this story. There's no way the story could've worked with her in the role.

• Members

She was playing a different version of the character. I thought she added a real spark to the Forresters, was the only time I believed a story about a Forrester going to work at Spectra. I also thought her relationship with Stephanie was far more interesting than anything Stephanie ever had with Ridge or Thorne.

• Members

Nice seeing Jon Hensley on...I miss Holden...where is Lily and Martha.....lol

Someone needs to slap Katie

And I am not feeling the whole Stephanie is dying story. I dont know but I wouldnt want my worst enemy holding my hand as I die.....I just find the acting rather dull too...I much preferred GH's episode over B&Bs today.

Archived