GH: November 2012 Discussion Thread

• Members

I don't know why people think the issue with Shawn is he is black. Why don't people look at the actor and his inability to modulate his voice or vary facial expressions? Perhaps in real life people do talk more or less monotone and with little to no inflections, but this is a TV show and the actor should try and put something into a scene maybe once in his career. Mute people give you more bang for the buck than this guy.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh, Kristina Wagner is a whole other kettle of fish. I despised Felicia in that whole Luke era. Absolutely despised. She's okay now in a supporting role; I'm glad to have her back and the character rehabilitated.

• Members

Garin was as much responsible for that as he was this DID mess. Sharly were not over until FRon came aboard. In fact, Wolf and Jill had them in a sexual relationship, but the scenes were cut and re-written. Ingo's stay was extended because he was supposed to be involved in the story, but he was called in by ABCD to a meeting and told he would not be staying. This is why Jax's scenes last year were nothing but lurking and then his exit. That's not what was going to happen initially.

The black wall paper on OLTL? Not interested in discussing that at all. Evangeline? Very popular and successful character that no one fought to keep.

If they wanted LW elsewhere, fine, but there wasn't the smallest attempt to do anything with Shawn/Sean, which wouldn't be so bad if GH had a black presence. They don't!

• Members

I am not saying there is not an issue with minority actors on GH, but in this guy's situation that is the least of the show's concerns. He can't act! He makes the girl who plays Kristina look like an acting genius. No better yet, he makes Michael Easton appear so energetic you could swear McBain is being played by Jm J Bullock on speed.

• Members

He got on the show because he was black? If that was the case, there was really no reason to put him with the female lead and can Ingo. That simply makes no sense at all. Jill and Guza/Wolf had plans for him. Additionally, if it was discovered that he couldn't act and wouldn't be useful, as opposed to letting him go and recasting, 2 1/2 months later he's put on contract? Makes less sense.

Archived